The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default what's a reasonable time to wait for antares rep to call back? ANOTHER UPDATE POst#82

I have a problem with my relatively new (less than a year old) Antares. Contacted rep through the Antares website contact form last week. No response. Sent her an email from my personal email early this AM. No response.

How long would you wait before trying to contact someone else at Antares?
    Last edited by myalter1; Feb. 28, 2012 at 02:38 PM.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

I would call your rep today.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

I would be calling others if I didn't get a response within 48 hours. In this day and age of technology, there is really no reason for not getting back to a customer in a timely manner.
    Last edited by pds; Nov. 21, 2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: spelling

Agree with above.

It's 2011.

One business day.

My Antares rep always contacts me within 48 hours. I believe they all have iPhones so there is no reason why they can't be checking their emails on a regular basis.

That's how i felt too. And I am really unhappy that I am having a problem with this saddle, which I ride one horse in, 4 -5 times a week. It was custom to my horse and I can't afford to give it up to have it fixed. I have a Butet, but it doesn't fit him. Sorry for the vent.

Glad you all felt the same way I did (regarding prompt reply)

Emailed another person at Antares whose contact info I had from when i bought the saddle. He called me RIGHT back (within less than 5 minutes.) So now I have to take pictures of the affected area and send them to him. He was right on it and quite apologetic, saying he had never seen this happen before.

On the road to correcting the problem! Thanks, brad at antares!

I had the worst time with Antares - I was ready to buy a saddle, and called again and again trying to get the rep to talk to me. Finally got a hold of him and picked up a saddle, put it on my horse, took photos, and emailed them to the rep - no response. Called 2 more times to get an opinion on fit - no response. Gave up, shipped the saddle to him, and bought a different brand instead.

I couldn't get the rep to call me back to buy a saddle.
    It's 2013. Do you know where your old horse is?

WOW Nuggets and Darden..where are you guys located? My rep called back about 20 minutes after I reached the other Antares guy and was really apologetic. Hopefully they can fix my issue quickly..they might have send my saddle to Illinois (yuk) or might have to repanel it.

I bought something else that fits perfectly. I had a friend who also had a problem with fit and when she couldn't get the rep on the phone for weeks, I thought that this was a red flag and wouldn't want to deal with the lack of customer service.
    It's 2013. Do you know where your old horse is?

stay on them. i have had issues with my CWD since I got it and they have gone through rep after rep in my area. i'm now dealing with the 3rd since buying my saddle and there's nothing in it for her (no commission). but finally she agrees that saddle does not fit horse, but, oh, now it's been so long I have to pay for it even though it was custom for this horse and I have documented evidence that I tried again and again to reach out to reps, actually had reps out who said saddle fit fine (who had no idea what they were talking about). be adamant. stay strong!

so far, they have been attentive (once I emailed the boss lol) let's see if it's a smooth and easily repaired issue (I hope!) I can't be without a saddle as my other saddle doesn't fit my horse..well, i should clarify that. My Butet did not fit him last year, when he was lacking muscle....

You can always request a demo etc to use while your saddle is being repaired, but if you have a difficult to fit horse, there may be no good options.

Finding good, honest, reps is diffucult for many saddle companies. It is the horse business after all.

Some of these saddle companies just burn through reps which make customer service very, very diffucult. I also think some of the reps leave once they realize how much work is involved and how little money they can actually make.

Ok so i STILL haven't been able to get the Antares rep out (car trouble, etc on her end..) and it's been almost 2 months!! Now, in addition to the defect, the saddle doesn't fit my horse, and the rep has.. GONE TO FLORIDA until mid-march! although, she said, 'maybe i can come back for a long weekend...'

REALLY? So i emailed the next higher up guy... who is trying to take care of the defect by having me ship the saddle to him in MD.. but he has asked me to wait until march to have it fit.. I emailed him Saturday that no, I didn't want to wait, can they send someone else.. No response yet. I emailed him again today. No response yet.

NOT HAPPY at this point with my Antares, the customer service, etc.

Just had to vent

Call them, go to the highest person you can get and explain the situation directly. Don't get super angry, but be firm in the fact that you are NOT impressed with how they have handled this and want a solution... NOW.

Good luck! From what I've read for several months, Antares seems like it has some severe issues with their customer service...
    All that is gold does not glitter;
    Not all those who wander are lost.
    ~J.R.R. Tolkien
    http://theimperfectperfecthorse.blogspot.com/

Wow. I lead client service for the most profitable division of my company and your experience is so, so, so wrong.

If you haven't already, I would start a paper trail documenting the issue and dates and times of contacts. I would also express your disappointment with the situation and how you expected much more from Antares. Then I would offer them three options to resolve the situation: 1) correct the issue to your satisfaction within the next two weeks, 2) issue a full refund (and if they would like the saddle returned include a pre-paid shipping label with the refund), or 3) do nothing and expect you to generously share your negative experience with the relatively small community of high-end tack buyers. If there is still no response (or an unacceptable response), escalate to the highest person you can identify. We have had clients contact our CEO - that definitely gets attention.

I agree with the point about not getting super angry unless you are absolutely sure you don't want to deal with Antares at all ever again. It sounds like you have been very nice and reasonable to date - possibly too nice and reasonable.

It seems like there is a major disconnect in the service philosophy of Antares. A great product (or a product with a great reputation) can rarely overcome poor service.

Best of luck with this. Although I don't envy you, sometimes I would like to be on the "handing it" end instead of on the "getting it handed to you" end. Issues don't make their way to me unless someone is really unhappy!

I dropped my saddle off at Culpeper with the reps there and they were great they took it to the Silver Spring Maryland office to be fixed. It took sometime because the saddle had to go back to France to be repaired, I was working overeas for several months so it was not a problem, for me to wait that long, but it was shipped to me from France and the People at the Silver Spring office were fantastic. Good Luck. I love my Anatares and honestly after riding in them for 10 years cannot imagine riding in anything else.

1704 Ednor Road, Silver Spring, MD 20905
    "All life is precious"
    Sophie Scholl

Well having never delt with this company. I have no idea if this is their norm or not. But reading this and other threads on big $$ tack companies seem to treat their customers I doubt I will ever deal with them.

BUT if my ''rep'' first had car problems then suddenly could go south I would wonder if their auto was really the problem. I would be on hte phone with the local people( what ever office your rep workes out of) and state very plainly that 1) you've been trying for X time to contact rep. 2) she had excuses that seem to be ok on surface but could go south Ie auto problems. 3) no you will no longer do business with that particular rep but rather the person she reports to, if that person is not available then the next person up chain.
    Oh yeah btw dont care if they are busy or not ( not necessarly that nice) you wish to speak to them now. if they are not available the next person up and soon so forth until that company ralizes I mean business. Oh yeah if ''everyone'' is suddenly busy say fine it appears you no longer want my business and I certinally do not wish to do business with a company who over charges, offers no customer support, and is unable unwilling to contact said customer when they havea problem with in a timely manner. Guess what normally happens suddenly all those people are out of their ''meetings''...

If they still by chance are in meetings I would send my purchase back and take my business elsewhere. And tell truth only when someone askes in person not on line. I have done this with a particular sat. tv company and when I had to contact the president of the company to get them to listen to the problem it is amazing what happened. Later the same company did something that to me was compleatly unacceptable. So I took my DVR and all the boxes I had set them on my sidewalk took hammer to each and everyone of them. Put them/the peices in box sent it off to the president of company with a note inside and COD... felt sooo good but I dont know if you want to dismantle your saddle...
    Friend of bar .ka