The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Beasley's Advice Fundraiser! ON NOW! Check out some of this advice!! (#16)

Advice Column for Equines, Humans and Other Species

During Thanksgiving week, Beasley will be running a fundraising advice column on the Special Horses website to support several non-profit equine groups. With a $5 donation to Paypal you can ask Beasley questions on anything from training to love life issues. Beasley will start answering questions at 12:00 noon (EST) on November 25, until
    6:00 PM (EST) on November 27. To find out how to ask Beasley a question, check out http://www.specialhorses.org/AskBeasley.asp. (Remember , the fundraiser starts Friday but we will accept questions now and yours will be the first answered!) Feel free to cross-post!

find Beasley on facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/beasleythewonderhorse?ref=ts

Beasley is supported by Horse Hollow Press(www.horsehollowpress.com).
    Last edited by Ted the Peep 'Ho; Nov. 26, 2011 at 01:38 PM.
    Special Horses - equine volunteer to assist equines in need!
    www.specialhorses.org

Beasley is already primping for this Black Tie event!
    Special Horses - equine volunteer to assist equines in need!
    www.specialhorses.org

You should check out Beasley's facebok page - he is going all out ...with his diva demands!
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Thank you to Special Horses & Beasley for working on this!
    Visit us at Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society - www.bluebonnetequine.org

Want to get involved in rescue or start your own? Check out How to Start a Horse Rescue - www.howtostartarescue.com

Thumbs up

This is as good as Swami Rabbit!
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Bump!
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Sounds like great fun! Let's get those questions composed!
    Free bar.ka and tidy rabbit.

Beasley's tux has come in...just doing these small last-minute alterations!
    www.specialhorses.org

http://www.specialhorses.org/AskBeasley.asp - Just a reminder - fundraiser starts Friday at 12 EST!
    www.specialhorses.org

Fundraiser is happening NOW! It's a blast!
    www.specialhorses.org

This was a very special question.

Promisex, from Heaven, asks: Beasley, why does my Mom cry so when she looks across the pasture? Doesn't she know I am still there? She saved me from slaughter, how can I save her?
    Beasley's advice: First let me as The Wonder Horse, get my tissues. Now, let me reassure your Mom, you are there. When the wind blows across the grass and leaves rippling impressions, that is you. When the sun shines across your pasture and there is a slight shadow that your Mom misconstrues as the uneven texture of the grass, that is you. When she turns quickly to hear a sound in the barn, that is you. When her heart is warmed on a sad day, that is you. You, dear, dear Promisez are never gone. You will come back to her one of these days as another horse in need. The cycle, with caring people such as your Mom and others here on BTWH, never ends and may the eyes of her next rescued horse look up to her...and in them, she sees you.
    www.specialhorses.org

The Amazing Beasley is a fount of wisdom. Surely people have questions to submit (with a trifling donation.)

Bumping this up from the weekend group

Quote Originally Posted by DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho" View Post
    This was a very special question.

Promisex, from Heaven, asks: Beasley, why does my Mom cry so when she looks across the pasture? Doesn't she know I am still there? She saved me from slaughter, how can I save her?
    Beasley's advice: First let me as The Wonder Horse, get my tissues. Now, let me reassure your Mom, you are there. When the wind blows across the grass and leaves rippling impressions, that is you. When the sun shines across your pasture and there is a slight shadow that your Mom misconstrues as the uneven texture of the grass, that is you. When she turns quickly to hear a sound in the barn, that is you. When her heart is warmed on a sad day, that is you. You, dear, dear Promisez are never gone. You will come back to her one of these days as another horse in need. The cycle, with caring people such as your Mom and others here on BTWH, never ends and may the eyes of her next rescued horse look up to her...and in them, she sees you.
    How heartwarming...
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

Beasley is very wise and compassionate.
    www.specialhorses.org

Beasley's back at it! Check out these questions:
    Dunie, a young thoroughbred, asks: I am just a little, unknown horsie. What can I do to grow up to be widely revered and acclaimed like you? Love, Dunie
    Beasley's advice: Dearest Dunie, alas no one is like The Wonder Horse because I am well, uh, me but might I suggest living the part. Yes, driving an Aston Martin, staying at the Waldorf, wearing Bruno Magli shoes with your tux and drinking Apple Martinis at 5PM might lead you down the correct path. Stay thirsty my friend.

Jeanie (owner of 15 yr old Honey), asks: Honey wants to know why humans only pass out peppermints at random times instead of constantly?
    Beasley's advice: First, let me explain the human brain. It is small and rather ill-formed. A horse must realize this and hencetoforthwit, give the expression that will elicit the treat response from a human much more regularly. Here, from my guide called the Secret Horse Handbook which is not available to humans, Chapter 12, Sub Section G, page 457: Looking Irresistible to Increase the Treat Response from a Human's Mal-Formed Brain. Follow human with ears perked forward. Make big brown eyes even bigger. Make sure one piece of hay is sticking out of your lips. Quiver lips left and right making sure that piece of hay quivers too. Then hold piece of hay steady but allow a slight tremor in the piece of hay. Wait for it, wait for it and then TREAT is forth given. Super exercise for application of horse treats and additional adulation.
    www.specialhorses.org

ends today at 6 PM EST
    www.specialhorses.org

Quote Originally Posted by DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho" View Post
    Beasley is very wise and compassionate.
    Not only that, but the advice is often humorous as well as helpful. I will have to read that response to my question to Honey when I go see her later today, am sure she will find that a very good and effective idea, LOL.
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

Beasley will be so happy to hear that! Thank you!
    www.specialhorses.org