The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I know nothing about these saddles, but what about the Flex-rider? Would it be a reasonable substitute:
    http://www.classicsaddlery.com/saddl...sflexrider.htm
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Bonsall, CA- with my horses finally home again!

I have the old-style Wintec Pro-Jump and I absolutely love it. It is SOOOO comfortable. I find that the adjustable gullet has been helpful for me to make it fit a huge range of my horses (skinny TB's to wide draft-crosses), with some creative padding to make up for any fine-tuning. I mean, we all wish we were made of money and could have $3k custom-fit saddles for every horse we ever own or ride, but... I live in the real world and make real money, I don't have that proverbial money tree in my backyard!

(shhhh.... my inner snob does still kind of wish it were leather though )

I had no idea they were such a valuable commodity! If nothing else this thread has made me realize I will hang on to it no matter what, even if my inner snob wins and I decide to procure a leather saddle.
    ~Living the life I imagined~

Quote Originally Posted by jn4jenny View Post
    FWIW, the model switchover happened well after that. I can't pinpoint an exact date because I'm not "in the industry" and just noticed it as tack stores started rolling over their inventory, but it's been at least a few months--maybe sometime this spring?

Hope you're still loving that Amerigo you replaced it with.
    I seem to remember the 2010 Wintec model being the redesign... at least, that's when they started using contrast stitching that made it look different to my uneducated eyes!

And yes, I am still LOVING it! I have not even come close to falling off (knock on wood) now that my position is so much more secure. You can also tell from photos the difference the right saddle makes for your leg...

I have the Matt Ryan but haven't jumped in years.

For some reason can't let myself get rid of it despite that. The twist is a bit too wide for me and it ends up being incredibly uncomfortable for a hack, and the seat is much too far forward to do any decent flatwork in it - but damn, it's a great XC saddle!
    Laura

Quote Originally Posted by scubed View Post
    I know nothing about these saddles, but what about the Flex-rider? Would it be a reasonable substitute:
    http://www.classicsaddlery.com/saddl...sflexrider.htm
    Maybe not: http://www.horsetackreview.com/revie...lay/13719.html

So I found a Matt Ryan Wintec on Ebay - but how the heck to you adjust it? Do you have to send it away, and if so, to who? Thanks!