The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Did my first Starter last summer, help choose a photo for xmas gift to myself

So basically, what the title says! I finally (FINALLY) did a Starter test at a recognized HT this Summer, and I want to buy a photo or two sometime soon.

There is really only one XC photo I like and my division didn't get any professional photos in stadium, but a friend snapped a couple for me.

But which dressage shot?

http://brantgamma.exposuremanager.co...1b1687_3_93_72

Oh, and I got to wear a helmet camera! It was so cool

My horse was awesome, we finished on our dressage score in 4th. He also won his division at the next CT, so I've been really proud of him.
    www.hogbackhillfarm.com

I like photo 10. Cute horse!
    Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert

Thanks Mtn Trails... that is one of the ones I liked the most.... There is a canter one and a halt one I like, but the announcer stand is right behind us in the halt one so I dunno...

Thank you
    www.hogbackhillfarm.com

I like #4 and #10. Lots of nice pictures to choose from

Another vote for 10. Love 22! And the close ups of you on xc. Gotta love Erie in the rain!
    5, 4, 3, 2, 1, GO - you're on course!

I'd vote 10 as well.

I like 5, 10 and 14. 14 is my favorite. Great job!

I like 4/5 or 10. Your boy is so cute!
    Spend so much time improving yourself that you have no time left to criticize others.

I really like all of the pictures, so I am no help at all. Your horse is gorgeous!

Lots of good ones but I vote 4.

I agree with riderboy, 14 is my favorite, too

and your horse - what a cutester!

22!!!

But if you want dressage... 13!

You may be able to get the photographer to edit some of the background out. I had that done to some pics from this summer - removed some spectators and a pesky bystander's hat from my nose! The photographer was great so I ordered several shots.
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by runNjump86 View Post
    22!!!

But if you want dressage... 13!
    Exactly! Or 14. :-D
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

I liked six...but I'm the only one. I know it's not the perfect trot-shot, but it has character and he looks like he's working hard.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Thanks for all the replies! I am definitely getting this one:
    http://brantgamma.exposuremanager.co...1b2319_3_93_72

The jury is still out on a dressage photo. I like 1, 10 , 14 and 17.

I also kind of like 25. I might get that one separately someday. For now I want to get one of each phase and get a frame with 3 spots or something. A friend took Stadium photos, so I can use one of hers for that phase.

Thank you for all the compliments on my horse! That is PJ aka. Pirate Jack. This is what he looked like when I bought him 5 years ago (public links) He was 7 years old then and basically unbroke, you could sit on him but he didn't know *anything*:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...3&l=0c7cf06426
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...6&l=dd32101f58
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...9&l=48926c29f9

This year he was Event Horse Champion of the year at Erie Hunt and Saddle Club... which I know sounds silly because we have only done one Starter, but we have a mini trial and combined tests that count towards that award, too. And I was really proud of him, he won the last combined test this year. In the Starter HT we finished on our dressage score in 4th. Actually we have always finished on our Dressage score (which unfortunately, needs some works! LOL) He was also Reserve Champion Jumper Horse and Reserve in his division in the local Hunter Pace series (we did the low fences division). I am hoping to do BN next year.

It's been a long road with PJ, he had some real anxiety issues and many people told me to get rid of him, but he's my equine soul mate
    www.hogbackhillfarm.com

I <3 PJ (haha I think you know that!) - he looks like he is coming on in leaps and bounds since I "knew" him. Good for you! I can't wait to see pics of Toby at a HT in a few years time .
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

Hey you! I am aiming towards Starter next season with Toby. And check this out. TOBY was Jumper Horse of the Year this year! He won his division at the EHSC mini trial this year! He rocked the Jumper Derby the last show weekend. I purposefully went real slow on the last class in the jump off, because this one kid was trying so hard and doing so well with a horse she had only had for 2 weeks and I wanted her to win that one, cuz we got cool saddle pads for first place!
    www.hogbackhillfarm.com

Quote Originally Posted by VCT View Post
    Hey you! I am aiming towards Starter next season with Toby. And check this out. TOBY was Jumper Horse of the Year this year! He won his division at the EHSC mini trial this year! He rocked the Jumper Derby the last show weekend. I purposefully went real slow on the last class in the jump off, because this one kid was trying so hard and doing so well with a horse she had only had for 2 weeks and I wanted her to win that one, cuz we got cool saddle pads for first place!
    awww wow!! Go Toby go! I cannot believe he is so grown up sounding & I feel really behind times, haha. If I am ever up your way I am definitely coming for a visit . A whole world away now though....it was over 90 today, and we don't have any AC! It's nearly 6PM and our garden doors and all the windows are wide open. Has it snowed yet??

Quote Originally Posted by HER View Post
    Another vote for 10. Love 22! And the close ups of you on xc. Gotta love Erie in the rain!
    Hahah.... were you there?

I got to avoid the rain because we did Stadium right beforehand and then went up to the XC warmup, popped over one fence and told the steward I was ready to go. They were waiting for someone to be ready so off I went, and the rain started just as I was pretty much done untacking! Hah! It pays to have a horse who doesn't need a lot of prep for jumping!
    www.hogbackhillfarm.com