The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Noble Houston

Does anyone have any riding horses by this stallion? I'm thinking of breeding him to my jumper bred Oldenburg mare. What does he bring to the table? I like the offspring I have seen so far. Last I heard he was sold?

I would love to find these things out as well. Also I'd like to know if he has been bred to any smaller mares (15.2ish) and how tall these foals ended up being? He may be a future prospect for breeding my Arabian mare to him if I don't end up getting her on Goldmaker's list.
    Visit MW Equine!
    Raven Beauty - '08 JC Thoroughbred mare
    Zeecandoit - '07 JC Thoroughbred gelding
    DBT My Dark Blue - '07 AHA Arabian Mare

Noble Houston is currently here in California with me

His website still shows his previous owner's info (the website company is proving to be somewhat difficult to work with...ugh!) www.noblehouston.com

And he has a Facebook page at:
    http://www.facebook.com/NobleHouston

He has an absolutely WONDERFUL temperament! He is incredibly kind and easy to handle, and very snuggly (I can't help it; I looove snuggly stallions!).

He also is a very good mover and his foals who have been inspected with Warmblood registries have gotten VERY high scores on movement.

Last year his foal (out of an APHA mare, so registered with ISR) was the site champion at the Oldenburg NA inspection in Michigan.

He previously had a filly who scored 8.6! on movement and an overall 8.4 at an inspection, and I believe out of his Oldenburg NA foals they've either all been Premium, or all but one.

He had a full TB daughter who was inspected for the Oldenburg Mare Book who scored 109, which was one of the highest scores in the country.

He has foals out of Warmblood mares, TB, AQHA, APHA, ApHC, and draft mares. All of them seem to have a nice jump, all of them seem to be good movers (at least, I haven't seen pictures of any who looked bad, and I have yet to hear of anybody who wasn't happy with their Noble Houston offspring, lol!)

Do you know if he's been bred to any smaller mares? Around 15.2ish in height? If so, did the foals end up at a smaller height, or were they bigger than the mare? (around 16 hands?)
    Visit MW Equine!

The ones that I know of, the foals ended up larger than the mare. Houston is a solid 16.2 (and looks bigger).

Okay thank you! Oh another question (and sorry about all the questions), do you plan on continueing submitting Noble Houston as a sport horse nationals payback stallion (SHN)? http://shnpayback.org/stallions/noble_houston.xml
    Visit MW Equine!

Quote Originally Posted by themarchcat View Post
    Okay thank you! Oh another question (and sorry about all the questions), do you plan on continueing submitting Noble Houston as a sport horse nationals payback stallion (SHN)? http://shnpayback.org/stallions/noble_houston.xml
    Yes I do I'm also having a breeding special on him; $500 including booking fee, if booked before 12/31/11.

Awesome to know, as I may be unable to breed my girl until a few more years anyways.
    Visit MW Equine!

We bred our hanoverian mare to him a few years back and we got a stunning RPSI gelding. At his inspection the judges commented that he was 'the modern day sport horse they were looking for', we sold him as a hunter/jumper, he will make about 16.2-16.3 (The mare is 16.3), he is lighter and leggy, very elastic and extremely sweet natured.

Hope this helps.