The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Will an Amigo sheet work with Rambo blanket liners?

I was thinking about getting This sheet and was wondering if it will work with these blanket liners. In SmartPak's description it doesn't say anything about them NOT working but mentions the blankets that don't, so I'm assuming I wouldn't have any problems...but I'm not sure?
    come what may

Rest in peace great mare, 1987-2013

It should. It looks like the sheet is the same ones I just bought, the Amigo Bravo--if it is, it will work.

It might, but I have an Amigo turnout and the Rambo liner would constantly get twisted around and then you couldn't attach the hood properly because the liner was attached to one of the rings. I hated it...

I find it's easier to have a LW, MW and a HW blanket so you don't have to deal with liners. If you get one I would suggest one that doesn't need to be attached to the outer blanket to stay in place.

I had this one and liked it...but it shrank so much I gave it to my friend for her pony
    Boyle Heights Kid 1998 OTTB Dark Bay Gelding
    Tinner's Way x Sculpture by Hail to Reason
    "Once you go off track, you never go back!"

I'm not sure that all of the Amigos have the rings on the inside of the neck to attach the liner to - - maybe you could call Smartpak or Beval and have them check? Even if it doesn't have the rings, you might still be able to do it -- I have used my Duo liners under my Rambos that aren't set up to have liners, so they weren't attached up front at all (no rings on outer rug), but I could snap the back of the liner to the d-rings for the tail strap on the outer rug, and they worked just fine. I've also converted stable blankets to liners by cutting off the surcingles and using bit snaps to attach them to the outer blanket in back (long as the d-rings at the back matched okay). Never had a lot of problems with twisting or anything, and I've got some horses that like to really wallow outside!