The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Two Pairs of Mini Donks in SE PA (Free Lease)

Hi all,

My husband and I are looking to place 2 pairs of miniature donkeys at wonderful homes within 2 hours or so from our farm in Bucks County, PA (30 miles north of Philadelphia).

The first pair are 2 jennies--we originally rescued them from a bad situation in 2009 and, after getting their health up to par, free leased them to a wonderful farm in Maryland through a connection made in the Chronicle forums. Unfortunately, their current "parents" can no longer care for them due to personal reasons and the two "girls" will be coming back to us. They are in their mid teens (donkeys live to be in their 40s to 50s so they are not old at all), in excellent health, and very sweet.

The second pair are 2 18-year-old gelded donkeys. They are owned by a friend of ours who is in poor health (in her 70s) and can no longer care for them. She's had them since they were babies so we are helping her find them a wonderful home. Same as above--both boys are in great health and very sweet.

Each pairs has to stay together--they become extremely attached, which leads to extreme distress if they are split up.

Each pair would be free leased out and if they are in the right home, plan on having them forever as we would not take them away from a wonderful situation. However, we also would also never hesitate to take them back (as we are doing know with the girls) if someone's situation changed and that person could no longer keep them.

If interested please call me (267-228-1640) or my husband Aaron (267-716-3401) or email me at kelly.soldavin@gmail.com.
    Kelly Soldavin Harvest Moon Farm
    www.harvestmoonfarmpa.com

Hi, Kelly. Passed this on to a friend in Kingwood who is looking for a pair of mini-donks. I'll let you know if he's interested. Hope all is well!