The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default resumes.

what should the layout look like and what do equestrian professionals look for in a good resume?

i am a connection on linkedin and there is a link to import your resume for potential employers to look at.I was thinking of putting one out there,but haven't really done a resume that just pertains to my equestrian experience.

I have both a riding resume and a professional resume (although I am not looking to go into the equine industry) - I would be happy to send them to you if you want some ideas. The riding one got me an awesome working student position, and the professional one has resulted in some wonderful internship opportunities, plus has gotten extremely good feedback from potential employers.

PM me if you want.

No offense intended, but punctuation, capitalization and sentence structure are three things I look for in any professional resume. I looked at your blog and it is similarly structured to the post you made here. If your resume is the same, you may wish to have someone with a background in such to look over your resume for grammar and formatting issues. Jobs are few, so make the best first impression you can. Best wishes!

one word of advice - please do not use TEXT lingo when writing a resume or in any professional and/or business environment. CUZ and spelling phonetically might be ok in blogs or in texts but not in resume or business correspondence. Resume formats can vary, the main thing I can suggest is that you start w/ the most recent job, activity or education to earliest. No one cares where you went to elementary school or middle school. No one needs to know that you started your riding career at age 3.. a simple "has over 16 years experience" is fine even if you are only 18. Most of us can add/subtract.
    For interent type resumes

Name, Address/Contact info (make sure you have a normal email address and not something like Foxyladyrides@)

Objective
    Skills

Job History (most recent down

Education ( college, special courses)

If you don't have much job experience list something like

Other Interests: Exchange student in France, Vice President - Jr. Board of Golden Eagle 4H etc; 4 time all state lacross MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jengersnap View Post
    No offense intended, but punctuation, capitalization and sentence structure are three things I look for in any professional resume. I looked at your blog and it is similarly structured to the post you made here. If your resume is the same, you may wish to have someone with a background in such to look over your resume for grammar and formatting issues. Jobs are few, so make the best first impression you can. Best wishes!
    not offended at all,i know my grammar and punctuation is less to be desired.i just write as things come to mind.