The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I love birds, but with the cats and the pointers, plus my general lack of time I have to take a pass on that..I love love love canaries...we always had one when I was a kid... finches are another really really cool bird..Same with guinea pigs, especially the long haired ones that look like little pekes...I had them as a kid and they are sooo much fun...I really have no room to be coveting any more animals..I already have horses, goats, dogs, cats, chickens...So I will have to keep my coveting to just that.

My friend's Jersey cow. She is my second favorite animal in the entire world, after my mule. I adore her and she adores me—runs the fence mooing when I walk away. And she may be coming up for sale soon! Darn my tiny pasture.
    My ears hear a symphony of two mules, trains, and rain. The best is always yet to come, that's what they explained to me. —Bob Dylan

Fenway Bartholomule ♥ Arrietty G. Teaspoon Brays Of Our Lives

Quote Originally Posted by shireluver View Post
    After years of longing for a Bloodhound, I finally got my girl last February. When she comes up and puts her disgustingly dirty wet mouth mouth on my clean pants, it is pure love. I don't even mind washing the dried on drool off the walls, ceiling, floors, and any other surface it may land on when she shakes her head.

The only downfall, it is hard to have a 95 pound lapdog. Using my laptop can be difficult sometimes.
    I have had three hounds now- a bluetick, a treeing walker/foxhound and a black and tan. They are all three wonderful, independent and intelligent dogs. I can't imagine my life without them. They are great dogs.

That said, I covet the lurcher. I knew a few in years past. I've looked online, but there don't seem to be (m)any in the states. This is fine, because I live in the city now. One day, I may settle and get a retired greyhound.

I also fell in love with a border collie last year and I have a new found fondness for the breed.

Of course, I would choose breeds that could only seem to find more trouble than the hound dog!

I also covet a big.fat.orange.cat--20lbs.+, REALLY orange. With green eyes. And personality to match his size.

To all you fat orange cat covetors (sp) - I have EIGHT if you count indoor and outdoor cats. More if you count in the red/white cats. My biggest solid red is pushing 20lbs.

I covet another blue point siamese. However, I figure if you have so many cats you won't actually name the number, you should probably not be proactive in acquiring more.

I would also like a mid/large dog - mutt or breed doesn't matter as long as it could live outside (with housing and a heated pad) - but I'm afraid it would scare all my cats.

Not that I would give him up but that donkey braying can be a bit annoying. My donk is quick to let me know that I'm late for dinner or that he thinks a snack should be showing up in the middle of the day. OMG, he's loud! Goof ball.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by pony grandma View Post
    A big flight cage of finches.

I find their sweet beeps comforting.
    Have them - my very own Angry Birds. Much more entertaining than most of what is on television. All male zebra finches known collectively as the Fabulous Baker Boys.

Have a greyhound too - they are the best!

I'd love a mini-donkey.

Having just moved from South Africa, where I had a veritable menagerie, to Canada and into a teeny apartment, at the moment I covet any animal. I *desperately* want a dog or cat. But in terms of totally impossible wants, I really want a pet squirrel. They are everywhere here and are FREAKING ADORABLE. Want!! Also, thanks to this board, I now really want a pig, and a hedgehog.

In terms of more realistic wants, though, I would absolutely kill to have his lordship my siamese here with me. Best cat in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Having just moved from South Africa, where I had a veritable menagerie, to Canada and into a teeny apartment, at the moment I covet any animal. I *desperately* want a dog or cat. But in terms of totally impossible wants, I really want a pet squirrel. They are everywhere here and are FREAKING ADORABLE. Want!! Also, thanks to this board, I now really want a pig, and a hedgehog.

In terms of more realistic wants, though, I would absolutely kill to have his lordship my siamese here with me. Best cat in the world.
    Our siamese was called "SIR".
    They are lords of the manor, are they.

Oh entirely. His needs are announced, loudly, and usually taken care of very quickly. I think if any person was that insistent with me they'd be told where exactly to get off... but somehow said in siamese you can't help but love them!

I would love to have another apple headed chocolate point Siamese. A whole slew of retired greyhounds, like 6 or 7 of them all different colors, I will one day. I would love to have a mule and a donkey and an Andalusian in the barn, chickens for laying (free range of course).

guess I better go and get me a lottery ticket so I can buy all the land I am going to need.

I love my Std poodle, but I really want a Tervueren some day. In the meantime, my folks have one, so I dote on her instead.

In the cat department, DD has a short-hair tiger cat (and DD is in college, so guess who takes care of the cat). I've always wanted on of those long-haired Siamese-type cats (are they Burmese? I forget).

And I've always wanted a parrot. But parrots live sooo darn long, and get so attached to their person, it's a huge commitment and I'm not sure I (or my family) are ready for it.

MTA as for horses?
    1 Andalusian (or Lusitano, or Arab-Barb, I'm not picky)
    1 Morgan (already had one and LOVED her)
    1 Dutch WB
    1 Connemara
    1 Camargue.

In my next life.
    Ottbs - The finish line is only the beginning!

Add me to the Irish Wolfhound crew. And the 3B's - Briard, Bouvier and Bearded Collie. I have my dobies, giant schnauzer and standard poodle. I've had an afghan, and would love another, but foot-long silky coat and farm don't match.

And an elephant and a giraffe. Maybe one of those itsy bitsy giraffes in that commercial.

StG
    Last edited by StGermain; Nov. 13, 2011 at 06:16 PM.

In the small animal department. A French Bull Dog but always steer away because of the heat in FL.

I've always wanted one or two Livestock Gaurding types Love Great Pyres but they are not a need ..dosent stop me from wanting them !

Cat wise I've always wanted a Scottish Fold , Abyssinian, and a Devon Rex.

and chickens but maybe only because I want one of those really cute little chicken coops !
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

I'd absolutely ADORE another Dobie. They're definitely my soul-mate dogs (have had 3 in the past - all living until their mid-teens). But with 3 canine adoptees - one of which has some issues with other dogs, any Dobie I might get would have to be a young puppy in order to fit in, & those rarely come up for adoption. I'd love to adopt a needy adult, but it just wouldn't be a good fit at this time. Sigh.

Dogs: Greyhound. Wanted to adopt one last year, but other members of the house do not like their needle noses (but they are so pretty). Instead adopted my super duper Shep/Bloodhound/who knows what else awesome MUTT.

Also want a Newfie and a Bernie.

Cats: One day I WILL have a Maine Coon

And would love to own a sugar glider

Default love this thread

I adore and have had in my life, rough collies and an english setter.

I tend to covet big fluffy dogs such as Landseer Newfies, Leonbergers, and the above breeds. I have a fantastic mixed breed now--love them too! She's an aussie, border collie, lab, whoever stopped by the farm that night mix and a beautiful girl.

I currently have the horse I have always wanted--a gorgeous, sweet palomino mare (she does, however, have my number, and pushes my buttons on a regular basis--I tell her she's lucky she's cute) . But I have to admit, I absolutely adore POA's-- and they are just the right size for me.

My first pet (other than goldfish) was an incredibly adorable albino hamster. I will always have a soft spot for them.

I would like a horse who doesn't fight me tooth and nail over everything and a blue tick coon hound.
    --Luck is what happens when preparedness meets opportunity--

a Giant Schnauzer, a few Havanese Silk Dogs, and any cat that doesn't tear up all my furniture and puke all over the place. And I love the small rodentia critters, mice, rats, hamsters and etc. I could win the lottery and be an animal horder.

Well now that I have the Great Dane that I've wanted for years my current covet is a spotted mini donk.

I also want a Boston Terrier, but we're at our limit with 3 dogs especially since the Dane weighs in at 180 and growing. My lap is FULL!
    If you believe everything you read, better not read. -- Japanese Proverb

Here is a link to my pictures of my Bloodhound.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3447553&type=3