The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Tradition

I use it on the racehorses and love it. I have a horse Two Notch Road who made his comeback after 2 1/2 years on the fence. He ran in the Grade 3 Redbank and ran great. He finished 5th but was only beaten 2 1/2 lengths with no prerace meds other than his lasix. Curost has been part of his program and I feel it has helped him a great deal!! I have a feeling the people below that are knocking it have never tried it and just like to complain!
    Last edited by Glenn Thompson; May. 24, 2013 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Added

Smile

Originally Posted by deltawave
    Boswellia and curcumin are both weak NSAIDs.

There are powerful things out there in the world of herbals. These ingredients are not among them. If a very weak NSAID is what you need and guaranteed analysis, potency, and quality control are optional, go for it.

You are right about this! I thought it was some exciting herbal prep/combo... but these have been around for years. Tried things like this years ago...on dogs too. If it works on your horse..good for you..keep usin' it. It is included in some of the products we use..but there is a lot more ingredients.