The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Homeland

Anyone else watching this? New show on Showtime, they've had I think 7 episodes so far. Claire Danes is playing a CIA operative that's afflicted with bipolar disorder who is convinced that a recently returned POW has been turned and is working for the terrorists. The pilot is free on sho.com right now.

I want to say someone creative involved with this show did 24 as well, and you can tell, in a good way. It's really intense, but also enthralling!

Love it.

Damian Lewis (Brody) also played Lt. Winters in Band of Brothers so I was hooked from the get-go.

It's saving the fall tv season for me. The acting is superb. If Claire Danes and Damian Lewis don't win some awards then I will not be amused. They are brilliant.

Though there are the odd military-related mistakes apparently they used a British military advisor and some things are just not quite right.
    *The Quietman ~ Irish Approved Gr.1 Stallion
    www.windyislesfarms.com
    Like Us on Facebook

I'm totally hooked on it! It's probably my favorite show on TV right now, definitely the best new show this season.

Last week's episode was especially fantastic!
    Cascadia- OTTB mare. 04/04-05/10
    If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever

I, too, like Damian Lewis. I watched the first few episodes but found it too tough to watch. It is very well-done but I've wimped out....

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

It's a good show. I'd check out the original if you want to get a different take on it.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

The show is great. I've never seen Band of Brothers so for me Damian Lewis was a total red headed, cutie who I'd never seen before. The acting is great, I hope the end of the season isn't a huge cliff hanger although I suspect it might be.

I'm also keen to check out the original.

Just finished watching episode 3 tonight. Its very gripping and 24-esque, which I like. There's no patented good guy like Jack bauer, just a bunch of questionable people doing what might be the right thing - more real life, I suppose.

I was just wondering what Claire Danes is up to... wonder if I can access this show up in the cold snowy north...?
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

I love this show. It was getting a little slow but it's picked back up again. DH and I are convinced something is up with Saul and we just don't know what yet.
    -Tami-

[Paint It Black - "Kiddo"]

LOVE IT! We just did a marathon a few days ago, and are all caught up now. It is a very good show. Yet another reason, why I rarely seem to watch any big NETWORK shows.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionMercedes View Post
    I love this show. It was getting a little slow but it's picked back up again. DH and I are convinced something is up with Saul and we just don't know what yet.
    My brother and I feel the same way about Saul! Glad someone else is picking up on that too.

I thought last week's episode was fantastic! Such a good twist, I won't say anything else though since there are a few people still getting caught up on it
    Cascadia- OTTB mare. 04/04-05/10
    If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever

LOVE it! I haven't watched this weeks episode yet but caught up on the last two the other day. Agree that it kind of had a slow start but now it's getting great!!!

Love it too! DH and I picked up on Saul in the last episode. I want to do a marathon before Sunday's finale so I'm fresh on all the info. Def one of the best shows on tv.

I like it, seem to like it more now later in the season. I just wish that I liked the Clare Danes character more. Wasn't loving her to begin with, but when she got that woman informant killed, I just couldn't stand her. Saw that development coming from a mile away (I just thought that character was very cavalier, careless and selfish about the whole thing).
    -Debbie / NH

My Blog: http://deborahsulli.blogspot.com/