The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default what's the craziest thing you've done lately?

So as I'm watching a show focusing on Buck Davidson today, I can't help but be surprised when he looks at the camera and says, "When I moved out of my dad's house I had a car, no place to live, and $128 in my bank account (at 26 yrs old). "

It made me wonder, how many of us have stories like that? Where we packed up and said Enough! Or done something completely insane and foolish?
    You're trying to do something normal people wouldn't do because they're terrified they might fail. -Boyd Martin

Heh, I did pretty much the same thing. Except at age 17, and not entirely of my own volition (parents agreed that for two of her kids to move out, two of his had to go also. Bit of a kick in the shorts for the one of us not in her 20s.)

ETA: And, honestly? While I wished at the time for it all to be easier, I absolutely wouldn't give up the experience if I had a do-over. I ended up taking my little $500 car across the country a couple of times, alone, over the next several years and learned an awful lot about life, the universe, and everything.
    ---------------------------