The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fargonefarm View Post
    Keep the info comin'! I think this is fabulous, because if you can't talk about your yahoo to your friends on COTH, who can you talk to???
    If you have IBS it might be a really good idea once your colonoscopy is done and you're eating again to take probiotics for a while. My gastroenterologist recommended Florajen3. It's over-the-counter but you have to ask for it at the pharmacy desk because it's refrigerated. I have to have regular colonoscopies because of ulcerative colitis, and I was noticing a tendency to have a mild flare-up after my "regular checks" (when there hadn't been any problem beforehand that I knew of....) So I wondered if the cleaning-out procedure was sensitizing me due to loss of a lot of the "good bacteria". But since following my gastroenterologist's suggestion, I haven't had any problems (knock on wood!! I'm one-week post my latest scoping.... but no problems yet!)

Whats Anal Cancer?

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    OK. Cheap toilet paper does me in, definitely external. Phew.
    just a quick note here and also a question for the OP:

Jenners: I'm OCD rough on myself and have great digestion. I've found that the 99 cent packs of luny tunes butt whips work soooo much better and keep me from insulting my bung hole.

OP: what color was your bleeding?
    Was it a bright bright red or dark?

I think that's important to know was well.
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

Wow, HFB+++, I'm thrilled you're here. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Here's hoping you flourish for another 42 years (and 42 IS the answer to life, the universe, and everything!).
    --Becky in TX
    Clinic Blogs and Rolex Blogs
    She who throws dirt is losing ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany! View Post
    Whats Anal Cancer?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what%27s+anal+cancer

Quote Originally Posted by purplnurpl View Post
    OP: what color was your bleeding?
    Was it a bright bright red or dark?

I think that's important to know was well.
    Mine was bright red because the source was close to the exit. The darker the blood, the farther up the digestive tract is the source. Black, tarry turds are cause for an immediate call to your doctor!

Google "stool color chart" and learn what the color of your poop says about your digestion and general health.

NeedsAdvil, thank you!
    I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
    Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it. Break the cycle.

Eeek. I'm an HPV...uh...survivor? Not sure what it's called, had it, kicked. Had to have two colposcopies because I refused the LEEP after the first one, have had normal PAPs since.
    What is a LEEP?

Quote Originally Posted by asb_own_me View Post
    What is a LEEP?
    http://www.webmd.com/cancer/cervical...l-cell-changes

Ouch.
    Delicious strawberry flavored death!

Quote Originally Posted by purplnurpl View Post
    I've found that the 99 cent packs of luny tunes butt whips work soooo much better and keep me from insulting my bung hole.

Butt WHIPS?????
    Hillary Clinton - proven liar, cheat, traitor and defender of rapists! Anyone but Hillary 2016! https://www.facebook.com/AntiHillary2016

1 members found this post helpful.

I'm going to assume she meant "wipes". But the visual was...um...stimulating

Thumbs up Wonderul comstructive thread..

You are very brave and very wonderful to have posted this. I am anti doctor.. Feel fine, so Have not had a good physical in 4 years. And I am Ahem over 50 now.
    Had a flex sig years ago, But nothing since. I do have hemoroids, But Gee now you make me want to make an appointment.
    Wow well since we are letting it all hang out, I never understood the whole front to back back to front. I have always been a do each bit seperately Any other way grossed me out. Just saying.
    God bless you and thank you for your information!!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." Caffeinated.

LEEP = electrified melon baller. No thanks.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Yeah, the LEEP scared me. Didn't help my diagnosis came during divorce and starting the police academy, so I did my ostrich routine and ignored it best I could. I told the docs that I could NOT smell like a friggin high school chem lab after a colpo during that time. I guess my health was more important to them, go fig, but they spelled out some doom and gloom that really wigged me out.

The survivor thing wasn't directed at you Bey!! I wasn't sure what to call it when you've had HPV and now don't. I had the no-warts-cervical-cancer strain, sooooo... The normal PAPs are a relief to me.
    I had HPV and went for the CO2 Laser. My paps were negative for years. Unfortunetly about 3 years ago I got a positive pap result, so back to paps every 4 months, then colposcopy and so on. The great news is my colposcopys are ok, cervix looks good. It does suck that the virus is active again.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmom View Post
    Butt WHIPS?????
    Looney Tunes baby wipes.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Quote Originally Posted by kj2H1D View Post
    If you have IBS it might be a really good idea once your colonoscopy is done and you're eating again to take probiotics for a while. My gastroenterologist recommended Florajen3. It's over-the-counter but you have to ask for it at the pharmacy desk because it's refrigerated. I have to have regular colonoscopies because of ulcerative colitis, and I was noticing a tendency to have a mild flare-up after my "regular checks" (when there hadn't been any problem beforehand that I knew of....) So I wondered if the cleaning-out procedure was sensitizing me due to loss of a lot of the "good bacteria". But since following my gastroenterologist's suggestion, I haven't had any problems (knock on wood!! I'm one-week post my latest scoping.... but no problems yet!)

Agreed- I got sicker than ever after I was scoped. I needed to realign my system: Probiotics (Florestore), Activia 3X a week, 3 prunes a day, and no sodas, no dairy. That got me right again

I'm already stocking up on probiotics...If it's good enough for my horse, it's good enough for me!

And I have a supply of Saltines always handy.

Gee I can't wait for Dec. 6

Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyinBey++ View Post
    I'm a 3 year survivor. Ask me anything! I promise I won't find it rude and feel free to use Beavis & Butthead humor. I did and I wouldn't have gotten through treatment without it

How'd you get it? Nobody's quite sure, but the doctors like to blame it on HPV.

Really though, how'd you get it? Did you um, er...? It's not necessary to have anal sex to get anal cancer. Women can get it by simply spreading the virus with front to back TP cleaning.

How'd you know you had it? I had some bleeding that was initially thought to be a hemorrhoid. I could also feel something wasn't right when I used a tampon. It wasn't until I had a seriously scary bleeding event that sent me to the ER that things were set in motion for diagnosis. FYI, DON'T go to the ER for anal bleeding unless you're losing more blood than you'd donate. They can't do anything for you but take your money and recommend a proctologist.

How'd they treat it? I had a 6-week long trip to hell. I received chemo through a port in my chest for 96 straight hours the first and fifth weeks. I also received radiation treatment 5 days a week for those 6 weeks. It's the combination of chemo & radiation that takes out squamous cell carcinomas.

What were your side effects? I lost all the hair on my head and my pubic region. I lost 30 lbs. I also had what the radiologist called a "sunburn" in my anal canal which made if feel as though I was passing jagged glass pineapples for 6 straight weeks. I'd scream into a towel. My digestive tract is still screwed up. I can now eat hot peppers without heartburn but I can no longer eat tomatoes without er...a problem. I also have stenosis in many of my pelvic muscles and...other ...lady areas and it's a good thing I'm single. I'm also sterile.

Honest, ask me anything! I'm very happy to educate people on this rare but very survivable cancer!

Bless you for sharing your story! I would never have thought to ask any of those questions but by doing this you could have saved someone's life!
    "Don't make be BEG dahling...
    you KNOW I won't do it!" Edna Mode

Quote Originally Posted by Keepthepeace View Post
    Bless you for sharing your story! I would never have thought to ask any of those questions but by doing this you could have saved someone's life!
    I did I hope she's doing OK.

I thought I should add a few more resources for anyone who might stumble on this thread:

My original UNCUT thread as the whole thing happened. If you are offended by black humor and colorful language, read at your own risk.

A Facebook group: HPV and Anal Cancer Foundation

Anal Cancer Surviors on FB

Yahoo! group that seems to be rather quiet, but has a wealth of information from past years. This was the group that wasn't pleased that I didn't care for the "cheerleading" type support system.

This is an extremely valuable thread. Everyone shoudl read it. Thank you for keeping it to the forefront.

I just wish nobody else would ever need it.

I'm rereading that old "health" thread. It feels like it all happened to another person.