The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Denim Breeches - Latest Hot Schooling Fashion?

That's what the last issue of USDF Connection reported in an article on breeches.

So what are the CotHers seeing out there? I haven't seen anyone schooling in denim breeches.
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

LOVE mine! I don't think I have photos, but I splurged on my holiday gift to myself last year and bought the Goode Rider full seat denims. I recently got a pair of the FITS denims for a great price on eBay.

I tend to use them for trail riding v. serious schooling. And I haven't seen a lot of folks wearing them in my neck of the woods. Maybe it's regional? Or I'm just not hanging out with the fashionable crowd.

Love love love them!

My favorite breeches are my Kentucky "Jeans City" full seats. I had a pair of the Horka jeans breeches but when I lost weight I had to give them away, but loved them. I desperately want the Fits jean breeches. Love all the them

I'm coveting the Goode Rider denim full seats, mostly because I love Goode Rider. All of my breeches are Goode Riders. Haven't seen anyone else riding in them though!

Yep, we just bought two sets of Animo denim breeches for myself and my mum - LOVE THEM!

The Goode Rider denim breeches I tried on have a seam under the patch.

I don't do inseams under my calf/knee. That is the whole point of breeches.

I do have 3 pairs of denim breeches, of varying fit, because VTO Saddlery had them in bins and they were $20 each.

I like them because they were inexpensive, I can do chores and then ride w/out changing.

I hate full leather seats.

I used to have a couple of pairs of these that I could wear to work and then go straight to the barn. It was terrific.
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

I'm in love with the Pikeurs I saw at the tack shop (I don't remember the model name) but I ended up buying a pair of Luganas instead. The jeans are definitely on my list though

I have the Goode riders and love them. I also have a pair of the Kentucky ones that are navy blue with jean stitching. They are popular here.
    Friesians Rule !!

I have the Romph breeches not the new tights they have out. I really like them my only complaint is that they are super stretchy and tend to fall down a belt is a must.
    --Luck is what happens when preparedness meets opportunity--

Quote Originally Posted by luchiamae View Post
    Yep, we just bought two sets of Animo denim breeches for myself and my mum - LOVE THEM!
    yowza Animo is expensive! checked them out at a show this summer and I was a fan of the black denim ones- very high quality stuff, i'm just a cheapo, haha.

Yeah very pricey, but the quality is amazing and having always bought Animo, we know those breeches will be around for a long time!

I have the Pikeur jeans and they're great. But it's not really a "new" trend--we've had them at my barn for about three years now.
    Savannah Custom Scrapbook Design. For horses...and people, too!
    www.savannahscrapbooks.com
    www.thislifeblog.com

I school in $3 jeggings from the clearance rack at Walmart, does that count?

I'd like to see links posted of denim breeches that are nice enough to wear to work but that don't cost a fortune. I'd love to be able to go from work to the barn without having to change clothes. Maybe I'd be more motivated if I was already dressed to ride at the end of the work day.

I have several Goode Rider and Pikeur denim breeches. Wear like iron, look great, etc. Totally worth the $.
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

I have Goode Rider denim breaches (thanks TOTD!). I wear them on trail rides.

Love my Pikeur denims ... Have had them for a year +.

Love the Goode Riders ($160)and Romphs ($130) too.

Also just found a cheap pair of Royal Heiness full seat, jeans with small pinstrips, fits like a glove and they were only $80.