The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

Default Is ther such a thing as boots that don't cost 200??

Boots I could wear around town or judging...but not as cheap as wal mart type stuff. Uggs and all of those are all so out of my price range, and I have tried on the Wally World ones...not enough sole!
    Anybody got any good places or brands that are 100 or less??
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

I just got a pair of Redback's (like Blundstones but WAY better)-they were $159.

Rossi are similar and a little less ($129 I think)

I think you can find some deals on Ebay for either for less.

Not under $100 but really-you can walk all day on them.

I've gotten new UGGs on ebay for less than $100... also check the after christmas sales.

I kind of need to buy some this evening...lol
    carolprudm

I got two great pairs at Nordstroms Rack. Normally $200 boots, I think I paid around $60 for one pair and $80 for the other.

I find them to be a little hit or miss, sometimes they have nothing and sometimes they have lots of great stuff.
    It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

www.sararoxannephotography.com
    www.facebook.com/sararoxannephotography

Quote Originally Posted by Mayaty02 View Post
    I've gotten new UGGs on ebay for less than $100... also check the after christmas sales.
    Be REALLY careful about buying Uggs on Ebay. A huge percentage of them are fakes. I had to file a complaint when I bought a theoretically "genuine, brand new" pair a couple years ago - clearly fake, fake, fake - not even real sheepskin. Ebay gave me my money back and banned them; there were a bunch of complaints right after I got mine.

Zappos is LEGITIMATE and has good sales on Uggs. You can get them for definitely under $200 there. Also, if you have small feet you can buy the kids' ones, which are even less expensive but exactly the same.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Guin View Post
    Be REALLY careful about buying Uggs on Ebay. A huge percentage of them are fakes. I had to file a complaint when I bought a theoretically "genuine, brand new" pair a couple years ago - clearly fake, fake, fake - not even real sheepskin. Ebay gave me my money back and banned them; there were a bunch of complaints right after I got mine.

Zappos is LEGITIMATE and has good sales on Uggs. You can get them for definitely under $200 there. Also, if you have small feet you can buy the kids' ones, which are even less expensive but exactly the same.
    Ive bought many pairs for my daughter, mostly used but I bought one pair new for me last year and it's definitely original. But yes, you have to be careful. Zappos is also a great place, as is any UGG outlet...which might be near you in Clinton Corners.

I got some Totes at Marshall's tonight 39.99...left enought to get a very nice scarf and a polo sweater...yay!
    And they had a huge selecton!
    carolprudm

Go to bargainoutfitters.com they have great deals on all kinds of shoes/boots/sandles/slippers.
    A few years ago I got two pair of womans Justin Lacers brand new for under 50 bucks. I got a great pair of womans guide gear hikers for 15.00
    On this past monday I ordered my husband and daughters boyfriend an all leather austrailian hat for under 20 bucks and picked up a pair of mens guide gear cowboy boots for 28.00 they have mens justin pull ons for 50 right now.
    They also have alot of carhart gear and jackets really cheap.
    Sleeping bags, camping gear ect. I love that site.