The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Forum is now CLOSED to new posts but OPEN for READING. :)

As we take some time to thank and remember those who have defended our country, please enjoy another OT day.

Best,
    Mod 1

Yes - thank you, Veterans. My last few years were spent working w/ an attorney who represented Veterans before the VA, so I've read a lot of records, and heard a lot of stories. Thank you for all of your sacrifices.

An off topic day makes my 5 years in the Army much more worthwhile!

Thanks, Mods!
    I'm not really at the top of my game today. I'm not even exactly sure what game I'm supposed to be playing, in fact... or where it's being held...

My horse's antics iamboyfriend.com

Thank you to all the veterans, active military, and their families for all their sacrifices.

Thank you vets - past present and future for all you do!!

Thank you!

My dad is a veteran. And was actually on a ship that got torpedoed & ended up in the water during the Korean war.

Yes! Thank you to all the veterans out there.

Echoeing the above posts - thanks to all our veterans!
    Susan N.

Don't get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Thank you to our all our Veterans. My Dad, age 87, flew the P51 Mustang in WWII in the Pacific theatre. He still knows everything about that airplane all these years later and gets choked up talking about the guys that didn't come home.

The program where I teach TR is starting a Horses 4 Heroes Program next week. I am donating my time as the instructor as a very small way to say thank you.

Thank you vets - past present and future for all you do to keep us free.

Chai-that is a wonderful thing to do.

The amazing thing to me is that the vets I've met who others consider heroes (a Medal of Honor recipient, a Merrill's Marauders vet who is so wonderful, and many others) don't consider themselves someone special.

A very wonderful man who I only met twice, but was an amazing hero was at a national military hospital being treated for a terminal illness. He was a very important hero and many very high ranking Soldiers came to visit him in his final month. At his memorial service one of the Generals said every time he went to visit Mr. Novosel at Walter Reed that he was never in his room, and to talk to him the General had to go find him, and he was always visiting the wounded troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. Some people devote their whole life to helping others, and always are trying to give to others.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

The Cave of Caerbannog in summer, Castle Aaaargh in winter

Thank you Vets. You are all heroes and I will always be grateful for your selflessness.

And above all to my father--this is the first Veteran's Day I will be able to honor you only in spirit. I miss you so very much Dad, and I am deeply humbled by all you did for our country. How fitting that your B-17 was named "Heaven's Above" because I know that's where you are.

I like logical people---they provide a nice contrast to the real world.

Thank you to all our Veterans and God Bless every one of them.

Remember: Freedom is not free.
    MnToBe Twinkle Star: "Twinkie"
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...wo/009_17A.jpg

Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

"Thank you" is insufficient to the sacrifices our veterans and their families have made and will continue to make.

As HunterTwo noted: Freedom is not Free.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

People feel the depth of the "ultimate sacrifice" some veterans end up making. Sadly, more and more are living with traumatic brain injuries, physical injuries, and emotional fallout from deployments. And those who don't deploy feel the mixed torture of gratitude at not going and guilt that they don't have to.

What I would like to impress upon everyone is the fact that, as stated, freedom isn't free. For those who put themselves into the service of their country, they realize the other truism: Those who protect our country's freedom have the least amount of it.

Thanks to all of our men and women who sacrifice their time and their rights to be in our service, whether they are stateside or deployed. We love and appreciate your caring for your fellow Americans by giving of yourself, your time, and your families' time with you.

Thanks, Battle.
    I'm not really at the top of my game today. I'm not even exactly sure what game I'm supposed to be playing, in fact... or where it's being held...

My horse's antics iamboyfriend.com

To all of the veterans past and present and those yet to serve. TO their families and loved ones a big thank you and a fine salute.

bump before closing