The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Arrow Tryig to find 14.2 1/2 hh. TB mare last seen in GA

Below is my post in the Missing Horses Firum. Surely someone, somewhere has a lead....

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird! View Post
    I let my Ex Husband take this mare during our divorce, and he ended up taking her to Revelry Farm here in Georgia. I have contacted the trainer there, but as it has been about 5 years, - 2007 - and she does not remember who bought her.

I bred, raised trained and loved this mare until she left for Revelry Farm, and I just want to know what happened to her. I also have her Jockey Club Papers - and would love to be able to give them to her current owner.

As I said, she is pony sized - 14.2 1/2 and someone may have even gotten her pony card at some point. She is a light bay, with a "checkmark" on her forehead, a back anklet, and a back coronet. Her barn name was Maggie Mae, or Maggie, but I think they called her Starbucks at Revelry.

Here is an old website with a few pictures of her: http://www.ohanaponies.8m.com/photo2.html

And her Pedigree: http://www.pedigreequery.com/delightfully+irish

Please feel free to cross post, as I would love to find her.

Hey Freebird! Have you tried sending out an email to all the local saddle clubs? My friend did this a few years ago and ended up getting an email from the neighbor of someone that had the horse she was looking for. I would be glad to send it out to Saddle Up Cobb and Cherokee County Saddle club. You never know, the horse world is small!

That's a great idea - and yes, please give this to anyone you know! I just hate the thought of a mare I bred, slipping through the cracks, and I hate that her papers are not with her. I just feel that if you breed it, then you are responsible for what happens to it.

Bump

I'm pretty sure that this is the pony that my daughter rode in a 3 bar competition around 2008 or 2009 in Alpharetta, GA. The pony was for sale and was with a trainer named Daniel Barrio. He did not get her sold and the owner took her back. He subsequently moved to FL. The Pony 3 Bar was the warm-up for a 6 bar competition which was a fundraiser for the Alpharetta City League Team. Starbuck tied for 1st with my pony. We both cleared 4 ft and then the bar was raised to 4'6" and we both stopped. I remember my daughter was miffed because if the bar had gone to 4'3" which it should have done, she felt Starbuch would have jumped it. I knew 4' was it for me. Sorry I don't know what happened to the pony when it left.