The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Black Friday shopping?

Is anyone planning to make any fun purchases on Black Friday? I have my eye on some Equifit boots + accessories but would like to wait until they are on sale to buy them.

I know VTO usually has an annual sale, how about Dover? Anywhere else I should check out?
    A quick tutorial on interval training: Conditioning your horse for eventing

I don't know about horsie sales, but I read that walmart is going to open at 10 pm on Thanksgiving!

I need a valley vet sale! Anyone know if they have a black Friday sale? (or ever give out 20% off coupons... ?) Need a goat stanchion and shipping is killer! lol

I'm too stuffed to go shopping at Walmart at 10 pm on Thanksgiving night! Maybe I'll just go over, drop a quarter in the horse and go for a ride. Nah, too much effort!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...2011%20Photos/

My Walmart is open 24 hours, which is new this year. Last year I was working (nights) and while driving around, noticed a HUGE line starting to form at about midnight . I think it opened at 6am? I wonder what's happening this year...I'll be working, so I guess I can swing by and look again!

Also curious what horsey places are doing sales. I have an insane urge to continue to buy my new gelding new things, things he has NO use for because he is only 2.5, but still. Right now I am pondering shipping boots, big boy bell boots, open front and fetlock boots, new bridle (that I don't really need), shimmable half pads for his growing baby self, consignment saddle so he won't trash my custom one...my wish list .
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

I am hoping for a Smart Pack sale. Much as I love VTO or Dover, Smart Pack wins because they don't charge VA tax.
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Perhaps this time I intend to forgo the crowds and lines to get a buy on a new laptop or tablet computer. I believe it's a sweet deal on some new wheels for my family.I have read this article entitled Black Friday is also the biggest car shopping day of the year.According to the article, the Ford Escape will be the sweetest deal going.This got me really thinking. Well, Black Friday still might be the answer to our hopes.Looking forward to fill my wish list!

If I do any kind of shopping on black Friday it will be online.

I avoid all stores like the plague on that day, as well as on any December week-end. I can't stand the shopping frenzy.
    I'll go ride my horse!
    Ottbs - The finish line is only the beginning!

Please, if possible, shop @ your local stores. We need to keep people working.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    Also curious what horsey places are doing sales. I have an insane urge to continue to buy my new gelding new things, things he has NO use for because he is only 2.5, but still. Right now I am pondering shipping boots, big boy bell boots, open front and fetlock boots, new bridle (that I don't really need), shimmable half pads for his growing baby self, consignment saddle so he won't trash my custom one...my wish list .
    I also want to buy my baby lots of new stuff!!! For Christmas I wanted nice tack for when we ever show but think I might hold off or just buy in a bigger size. He already goes in a 50 girth so I am sure he will end up needing a bigger size. Might just hold off until next year. I need a new computer so I can throw mine out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by WW_Queen View Post
    Is anyone planning to make any fun purchases on Black Friday? I have my eye on some Equifit boots + accessories but would like to wait until they are on sale to buy them.

I know VTO usually has an annual sale, how about Dover? Anywhere else I should check out?
    One my small rebellions against the idiocies of the modern world is to NEVER shop on Black Friday (or, indeed, the entire weekend).

More and more I buy gift cards, anyway. I don't know of anyone who doesn't appreciate cash!!!!!

G.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief2 View Post
    I'm too stuffed to go shopping at Walmart at 10 pm on Thanksgiving night! Maybe I'll just go over, drop a quarter in the horse and go for a ride. Nah, too much effort!
    hahahaha!
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse