The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Pricing saddle

NOT an ad -- I have a nice, great condition Crosby PDN California Prix with padded knee that doesn't fit any of my horses and a co-worker is interested in it for her daughter.

It looks about like this one, more broken in but not worn: http://www.horseclicks.com/saddles/qfbvc1/

The one in that ad seems high given some numbers I've seen tossed around for PDNs, but this is nicer than your average pancake PDN, I think it retailed for $1500 circa 2000. I haven't sat on it since 2008 (stopped fitting horse) but I've kept it nice. Thoughts on what would be fair to both of us? I was thinking $500, is that too much? I don't really need to sell it but it would be nice for the saddle to have a kid to love it, since I clearly don't need it any more.

probably 400-500 is fair

Thanks -- Trumbull Mountain has one in much worse condition for $850. One is "price reduced" for $700 on equinenow...It was not a regular PDN so I'm thinking the plain PDN prices are too low looking at how the other Californias seem to be priced.

I would also say that about $500 is probably fair. Remember, most people tend to overvalue their items (hence the $700 "price reduced" one), and Middleburg has it priced to accomodate what the saddle it actually worth PLUS their comission... and probably a bit extra built in to buffer any potential offers.
    If we have to nail on talent, it's not talent.
    Founder, Higher Standards Leather Care Addicts Anonymous