The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Horses in need- PM me for pictures

HORSES IN NEED

This is a list of horses, mostly Standardbreds, that Lollypop Farm is assisting in placing. There are about 80 horses total needing homes but we are starting with a list of the horses the owner felt she needed to find homes for first. Some have been cart trained, a few have been ridden. The information here is what was given by the owner.

*Please note the owner is asking $200 per horse with the exception of the mini, which she is asking $500 for. She will be donating a portion of that money to Lollypop Farm for assisting in placing the horses. The rest will be used to pay for the care of the remaining horses.

If you are interested in finding out more about any of these horses, please contact the Farm Manager, Joanna Dychton, at 585-223-1330 x266 or farm@lollypop.org. She will be making arrangements for interested parties to go view the horses at the farm where they are being kept.

“Audi” – Standardbred mare born 1994. Dark bay with small crescent star and snip on right nostril. This mare is basically wild and has not welcomed attention when attempts were made to work with her. The owner would like to find her and one other mare, “Married,” a forever wild home or a trainer who works with hard to handle horses.

“Audrey” – Standardbred mare born 1987. Bay with large star, stripe and snip just below nostrils, LH sock. This is “Audi’s” mother. Unsure about riding history but was probably cart trained.

“Belladonna” – draft cross mare born 2002. Bay with large star and small snip, approximately 14.3hh. Been ridden a handful of times.

“Broadway” – Standardbred stallion born 2006. Bay with LH pastern. No training, shy to being handled.

“Chutzpah” – Miniature horse gelding born 2004. Gray. Rides and drives, was Amish trained. Very thin right now, may need teeth checked. Owner asking $500 for him.

“Daranna” – Standardbred mare born 1989. Bay with large star and small white snip on nose, RH and LH coronet.

“Elegance” – Standardbred mare born 1987. Bay with large star and snip, few white hairs on top of tail. Good to lead and work around, cart trained. Just a bit nervous to catch. May have arthritis, seemed off when walking around.

“Lane” – Standardbred mare born 1989. Dark bay, star, small stripe, and white pasterns both hinds. Blind in left eye.

“Lisa B” - Standardbred mare born 1995. Bay with star and RF sock. Drives and has been ridden 6 times. Doesn’t stand for mounting yet. Has some cracks in her feet.

“Lordessa” – Standardbred mare born 1989. Red bay with star, snip, RH sock and LH pastern. This mare has a stifle issue.

“Married” – Standaredbred mare born 1997. Bay, no white markings. This mare is basically wild and has not welcomed attention when attempts were made to work with her. The owner would like to find her and one other mare, “Audi,” a forever wild home or a trainer who works with hard to handle horses.

“Rennaissance” – Standardbred mare born 1995. Red bay with few white hairs on forehead and pasterns both hinds. Tall girl and is VERY friendly! She followed us around for attention the whole time we were in her pasture. No training but good with feet.

“Scribner” – Standardbred mare born 1984. Bay with small star and pastern both hinds.

“Shadow” – Standardbred mare born 1986. Bay. Blind in left eye. Friendly girl.

“Shopwith” – Standardbred mare born in 1988. Dark bay with large star and LH pastern. Cart trained. She is very good with foals.

“Social” – Standardbred mare born in 1985. Bay with small white mark on LH near hock. Halter has a tag on it #193. She is showing signs of aging. She is cart trained.

“We Deliver” – Standardbred mare born 1986, Bay with small star, white hairs on nose, and white pasterns RH and LF. Was lame on RF but it looked like an abscess popping. Mare could also have some arthritis. She is thin, showing signs of aging. She is cart trained.

Wow what a mess! I doubt if you would get many takers if you offered to pay $200 to take them. Shame on whomever allowed this to happen.

that Lollypop farm seems something else.who knew sheep were adoptable for a mere $65 ??

http://www.lollypop.org/org/org268.a...yTypeID=&sid=&

Tamara
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

Poor horses, but good luck to the owner if she wants $200 per horse with a bunch of horses that were born in the 80s... I hope she can find someone to take them in and give them what she needs.
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara in TN View Post
    that Lollypop farm seems something else.who knew sheep were adoptable for a mere $65
    They are on petfinder, I noticed them a few weeks ago. I'd love to get some ewes from them, but really don't want to do the cross-boarder mess. Would be great for locals though!
    "For some people it's not enough to just be a horse's bum, you have to be sea biscuit's bum" -anon.
    Nes' Farm Blog ~ DesigNes.ca
    Need You Now Equine

I don't think 8 yo ewes are gonna be doing much <ha>

Tamara
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

The price asked for the mini is quite high, unfortunately. She'd truly be better off starting off with a more reasonable price, especially if the little guy needs rehab. Such a sad situation.

Thumbs down

Based on the descriptions these horses for their own safety and well being should be euthanized. I think it is a crime to try and extort a few bucks out of them in the name of "charity".

Unhandled
    Untrained
    In poor health
    Old
    Blind
    Sick
    Thin

And they demand someone else take their NEGLECT and foolishness off of their hands and pay them for the privilege? SHAMEFUL!

`
    "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

I pretty much have to agree with Woodland here. There are already so many healthy trained and rideable horses for free (heck way more than homes willing to take them).

We just received here, yes for free, on our farm two imported Irish draughts. NOTHING wrong with them, fully trained etc. Their owner kept them in the best of care and just feel on harder times.

Especially for the old horses this person has have the vet out and euthanize them.

Default Yes

Personally I agree too. Hopefully that is a conclusion the person will reach since there truly are plenty of sound horses out there in need of homes. But, I was asked to "pass it along".