The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Section A Welsh Mare - SC

I have a Section A reg. welsh mare I rescued from a meat auction. I was told she probably had been driven due to some white marks on her back. I have tracked down the former owners and she is not trained to drive but she is sound and certainly could be.

At any rate, I don’t seem to find time to get on with her training so at the moment, she’s just being a pasture ornament here and I would love to find her a job!

If anyone is interested, there will be conditions – I do NOT want her to be a project to be flipped, I’m looking for someone who wants a pony to enjoy, not a pony to sell!

So, here are the details: Sound. Located in South Carolina. She has been ridden by a child by her former owners including on trails. I’ve ground driven her in harness, including breeching and crupper & with an open bridle, working on voice commands and cues. She would need more ground driving before moving on to the next step, but I’ve started that phase of training. Her health is good, and I had a dentist put in a bit seat this year. She’s registered with the Canadian Welsh registry, 11.2 – 11.3, born 1997, so she’s 14. Bay with lots of chrome. Gets along with other ho rses well, middle of the pack. From the Canadian Lianna breeding program, sire is the imported stallion Baledon Hy-Jinx, dam: Twyford Mystral.

Please email if interested.

Default Sent a PM

Sent a PM
    Home of Janas Kernel of Independence and Doolittle's Pride N'Joy.
    http://bittersweethorsefarm.com