The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default new Cavalia show!!!

Yay!!! There is a new show premiering in Atlanta the first week in December and running through the first week in January (pending holdovers-- we kept the original Cavalia here for almost a month past the original leave date). The new show is titled Cavalia: Odysseo. Tickets are already on sale. The original Cavalia is still touring and, according to it's website, is going to Portland, OR next (or is already there?).

Here's a handy-dandy link for you to check it out: http://www.cavalia.net/en/

I took Mrs. Trakehner to the Cavalia show in Washington DC. Pretty low level and kind've sloppy dressage and some funny trick riding. I found the free lungeing pretty interesting. All in all, the food was good (got the good tickets), good cookies and the riding was OK and more production than quality riding.
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

Jeesh, I went to the cavalia show at Suffolk Downs in Boston back in 2003 or4. It was fabulous.
    We bought the good tickets too, and the food was unreal, champagne flowed...very well catered, very good food.
    The show was spectacular...it was the original cast.

I have been disappointed to read such negative reviews and have to think it is not the same.

I will be in SC in december, and may just go over to atlanta to see this show.
    save lives...spay/neuter/geld

Smile

Realrush89, very cool! Let us know what the new show is all about. I saw the original Cavalia a few years ago in Houston with my non-horsey mother and sister. We all had a blast! The horses were so gorgeous, and they were all relaxed and happy in their work. It was beautiful to watch. We even got an accidental tour of the stable when trying to find the exit! The security guard just said, "Go on in! I don't mind!". Some security! I'm now in Portland and my sister and I are excited to see it again.