The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Part 4 in Thewife's training blog- she went on her first trail ride and took her first cross rail: http://thetdnblog.blogspot.com/2012/...og-week-3.html
    Sarah K. Andrew | Twitter | Blog | Horses & Hope calendar | Flickr | Website

Quote Originally Posted by Alibhai's Alibar View Post
    Part 4 in Thewife's training blog- she went on her first trail ride and took her first cross rail: http://thetdnblog.blogspot.com/2012/...og-week-3.html
    Totally off the subject, but I wish I could fly you out to TX to take pics. of my horses! Your photos are stunning.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

Not related to this thread, but I had an Alibhai and they jumped like crazy...grandson went Advanced eventing. (Back in the day!)

Quote Originally Posted by Toadie's mom View Post
    Totally off the subject, but I wish I could fly you out to TX to take pics. of my horses! Your photos are stunning.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot's View Post
    Not related to this thread, but I had an Alibhai and they jumped like crazy...grandson went Advanced eventing. (Back in the day!)
    That is really neat- thanks for sharing! Do you happen to have any photos? I would LOVE to see them.

Here's Part 5 in the training blog. I interviewed Tim Shaw, former trainer of Thewifedoesntknow. He had some really insightful things to say about when is the right time to retire a horse from the track and how to find the right home for a horse after retirement: http://thetdnblog.blogspot.com/2012/...og-q-with.html

Thanks for keeping us updated about these blog entries, Sarah. I very much enjoy reading them, but, like many, I suspect, would tend to forget if you didn't keep giving us a friendly reminder.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    Thanks for keeping us updated about these blog entries, Sarah. I very much enjoy reading them, but, like many, I suspect, would tend to forget if you didn't keep giving us a friendly reminder.
    Thank you! I was not sure if the reminders were helpful, and I'm so glad to hear that they are! I keep thinking about starting a new thread just for her, but then I can't decide which forum to use

I really liked what her trainer Tim Shaw had to say in this week's blog about finding homes for Thoroughbreds after they retire:

Be careful about where your horse goes. Finding a home for a horse is very easy. Finding a proper home is not. This horse, no matter at what level it competed, ran its heart out for you. Check references and be sure that the people are qualified and knowledgeable about horses. In addition, as in the case of The Wife, if the horse's form deteriorates for no apparent reason, it's trying to tell you something. Don't "drain the lemon". Give the horse a chance at another career.

Part 6 in Thewifedoesntknow's training blog- trotting a "course" of trot poles, turn on the forehand, a short video clip, and much more! Link here:

http://thetdnblog.blogspot.com/2012/...og-week-5.html

I love this thread btw
    Race training and retraining Thoroughbreds.

Quote Originally Posted by doublete View Post
    I love this thread btw
    I'm trying to find Mywifenoseverything- it would be so much fun to see an update from both mares.

We're already up to Part 7 of the training blog!

Please click here to read my TDN interview with breeder Meg Buckley. She shares her background with horses, gives details about how she raises her Thoroughbreds, and reveals how Thewifedoesntknow got her unique name.

http://thetdnblog.blogspot.com/2012/...og-q-with.html

Part 8 of training with Thewifedoesntknow... She's cantering poles, she did her first flying lead changes, and she looks very confident with each new step. Please click here for photos and a full update: http://thetdnblog.blogspot.com/2012/...og-week-7.html

Thewifedoesntknow Training Blog, Part 9: I got to RIDE HER! It was a blast. Photos of her jumping and photos of me riding in this week's update: http://thetdnblog.blogspot.com/2012/...og-week-8.html

Thank you for these updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Neigh-Neigh View Post
    Thank you for these updates!
    Thank you for reading and following the blog!

In Part 10 of Thewifedoesntknow's training blog, "Ally-Gator" gets a massage. My massage therapist friend discusses the benefits of massage for Thoroughbreds off the track, as well as how it can help to free up a horse's stride in the hunter ring.

Plus, some super-cute videos of Ally enjoying her massage.

Please click here: http://thetdnblog.blogspot.com/2012/...blog-ally.html

I just love it when I sign on to COTH in the morning and see that there is a new blog post up. I really enjoyed this post and it got me wondering if my own old (oh, I better only say "older" or she will get annoyed at me), and somewhat arthritic Lexy might not benefit from an occasional massage.

Thank you, Sarah, for keeping us up to date on "Thewife's" progress.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    I just love it when I sign on to COTH in the morning and see that there is a new blog post up. I really enjoyed this post and it got me wondering if my own old (oh, I better only say "older" or she will get annoyed at me), and somewhat arthritic Lexy might not benefit from an occasional massage.

Thank you, Sarah, for keeping us up to date on "Thewife's" progress.
    Thank you so much, Louise!

From my experience, certain horses like it, and some horses LOVE it. My Thoroughbred LOVES it. And Thewifedoesntknow LOVED it. It was fun to watch all her faces when Christie worked on different spots.

Part 11 of the blog is one of my favorite entries, because I got to share side-by-side conformation photos of Thewifedoesntknow from a few days off the track in June, then again in July, and lastly in late August. I also asked my friend Karen Hagy to analyze her conformation.

The changes in her muscling and in her hoof balance are really neat- you can see them here: http://thetdnblog.blogspot.com/2012/...g-updated.html