The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default A FIRST: ATA ANNUAL MTG SSA OPEN TO PUBLIC

The moderator may want to move this to the SSA thread but b/c we're doing this for the first time, wanted to at least announce in a different thread.

The ATA Annual meeting regularly offers a SSA, but historically, this has been more in the form of a silent auction available to attendees only. This year however, so many SO's have graciously stepped forward we wanted to open this up to the public b/c some of these stallions will not be available in the regular online SSA we hold after 1st of the year.

So, enjoy the eye-candy and know this auction is LIVE FOR 1WK ONLY. DATES ARE MONDAY, NOVEMBER 7TH THRU SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 12TH. Here's the link: http://americantrakehner.com/ssa/auc...ch_results.asp
    Owner of ATA and Verband-Approved Trakehner stallion, Tzigane *Pb*, breeder of ATA-approved Semper Fidelis

www.twingates.com

This SSA will close promptly at 9 pm CST (Central Standard Time) on Sat so this is a short turn around for the SSA. Will be a really good way to get a good deal on a breeding for 2012 season.... Good luck to all bidding!
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

Lovely group of stallions!

The rules state that:

"Bid Online or at the Meeting
    Online bids will be accepted until 11/11/2011 at 11pm EST. Only onsite convention bidding will be accepted after that point."

So sounds like stay at home bidders need to get in their bid early?

Oh thanks for pointing out the different times OMare! I'll have the web person double check it!

But yes, those at home will need to put in their bids and not wait till the last second (I think there was discussion that you could put in a "max" bid kind of like EBay but not positive that this worked out?).
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

Quote Originally Posted by acottongim View Post
    (I think there was discussion that you could put in a "max" bid kind of like EBay but not positive that this worked out?).
    The "max" bid couldn't be programmed in time so won't be applicable @ this Annual Meeting SSA - again this one's different from the SSA we do in February (that one w/b advertised in the Stallion issue of COTH as always).

Thanks again Omare for letting us know of the discrepancy.
    Owner of ATA and Verband-Approved Trakehner stallion, Tzigane *Pb*, breeder of ATA-approved Semper Fidelis

www.twingates.com

Yummy!
    There are a few nice eventers in the mix.
    I like Tradition.
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

You have a good eye Purpln - Tradition *Pb* is the only Active ATA stallion besides Windfall *Pg* to earn his performance award in eventing!

www.twingates.com

iI guess I should not have pointed that out-- with my slow internet I need every advantage!

A great bunch of guys!

Quote Originally Posted by omare View Post
    iI guess I should not have pointed that out-- with my slow internet I need every advantage!

A great bunch of guys!
    No, you absolutely SHOULD have pointed it out. Thank you! We were so busy getting last-minute tweaks done and stallion pages built out that the discrepancy you discovered slipped thru the cracks.

Webmaster has been alerted and if not fixed tonight; should be by morning. The correct end date/time for everyone is November 12th @ 9pm CST.

Thanks again Omare . . . it sometimes takes a village.

www.twingates.com

Reminder that the auction closes tonight at 9 pm cst (10 est)!!

Last reminder. - 2 hrs left to bid! Good luck to all.

Are they announcing the winners tonight?
    www.clearbluefarm.com - a work in progress