The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default NYPD Mounted vs French Bulldog

That was cute!

My dream job is to be a mounted officer. Not much luck around here, the only thing our officers ride are bicycles

That video is an example of one of many reasons why a mounted patrol is more than just crowd control. It is also for good will and to let people know that the NYPD is your friend..........and your dog's friend.

that was adorable! i love how the dog wanted to play sooo bad hahaha. you could just see him thinking, chase me! cmon! what are you waiting for??
    My mare wonders about all this fuss about birth control when she's only seen a handful of testicles in her entire life. Living with an intact male of my species, I feel differently! WAYSIDE

Hey, I know those police horses! I always stop and give them a thorough look. The black is part Percheron but the officer told all the police horses were"mutts". There is a lot of TB in some of them.
    They must have a good farrier, all their shoeing jobs look good and there are a lot of accommodations made (one with a full circle shoe for his navicular other nice wedges.).
    There is one really old horse I wish I could retire. Small chestnut with white hairs on his eyelids. He just looks so stoic and "its never going to get better". Sigh. On the other hand most of them look happy, if slightly bored.
    The drummers with Occupy Wallstreet did get one horse's attention though (if not any humans).

Both video's are absolutely adorable.

I had a shelter dog that would sit under the horse's head and when the horse put his head down, she'd lick his nose and then roll over on her back directly under their heads with all 4 feet in the air. I kept trying to get her to NOT roll on her back for fear the horse might step on her. She'd also try to run after the horse and try to grab it's tail in her mouth.
    Sue
    Sometimes you have to burn a few bridges to keep the crazies from following you!

I don't get it... the rider IS holding the reins...??
    "When life gives you scurvy, make lemonade."

So cute. I love it when the different species interact. My black horse has a black cat friend that loves to hop on the fence while we groom and get nuzzled as he leans and winds around my horse's nose. It's become an almost daily ritual.
    Mon Ogon (Mo) and Those Wer the Days (Derby)

Bearcat - You're right - I went back and looked at it again. I guess the slack and her hands gave me that impression.

StG

Quote Originally Posted by DieBlaueReiterin View Post
    that was adorable! i love how the dog wanted to play sooo bad hahaha. you could just see him thinking, chase me! cmon! what are you waiting for??
    "Come on you big funny dog, Let's run through the park!!!"

That WAS cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.
    GNU Terry Prachett

I think the title of this thread should have been "Police horse gets french kissed on the streets on New York".

Shirelover, I have a picture of police on horses in Portland OR. It's was in the spring and they were riding by the cherry trees downtown along the boardwalk.
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

I love the NYC police horses! A few years ago there were a bunch of them out in Times Square at night and I had a great discussion about what breed the horse was, etc. That horse was a saint, letting all kind of tourists fuss over him (within reason).

Did the dog push the little girl away from 'his' horse or was that my imagination?

That's your definition of a patient horse? Guess you don't expect much from your horse.
    Disclaimer;
    Nearly all of what I post will be controversial to someone. Believe nothing you read on a chat room, research for yourself and LEARN.
    Not in the 42% or the 96%

Quote Originally Posted by Effie1221 View Post
    Did the dog push the little girl away from 'his' horse or was that my imagination?
    Not your imagination at all. I saw that and chuckled!
    Sue
    Sometimes you have to burn a few bridges to keep the crazies from following you!

Quote Originally Posted by Effie1221 View Post
    Nah, I think he just tried to play with her too, and she was startled and he flipped around in reaction.

Though it could be an "it's mine!" moment.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in.

very cute!!

All city kids should get the chance to interact with animals. None of our country kids would have flinched when a little dog jumped up. Sweet clip.