The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dallas, TX: Boxer Lovers Help Find this Girl a Home!

I know there are TONS of Boxer lovers on COTH! SO, I am asking you all to NETWORK and find this GORGEOUS PUREBRED Boxer a HOME!

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/21162775

I am willing to cut the adoption fee in HALF to a COTH'er who adopts Ella. I will also help arrange transport. It is not a problem for me to get paperwork in order, get a crate, drive Ella to the airport, etc. for her new adopter.

She is a GREAT DOG except she can be DOG AGGRESSIVE. This is why she was surrendered to rescue.
    Proud Native Texan!
    owned by 3 Cardigan Corgi's + 3 wonderful horses!

How about trying the giveaway forum, unless it is restricted to horses?

Bumping for Ella!

No good me wanting her, I live way away across the ocean in another country.
    where am I, what day is it, am I still having a good time?

Quote Originally Posted by Horse with No Name View Post
    Bumping for Ella!

No good me wanting her, I live way away across the ocean in another country.
    Just remember, living with a dog aggressive dog is a big commitment as far as management.

We have had several over the years in our dog club and it was hard for all, the owners, the dogs and everyone else there, having to watch that problems didn't happen.

I went to a two day seminar by Pat McConnell for dog trainers, vets and vet assistants on dog aggression, much on dog to dog aggression and how to handle those dogs in dog classes, shows and vet clinics.
    There is not that much you can do with such dogs, other than use common sense and prevention, they are not going to change.

The trouble some times with such dogs where there may be other dogs is that other dogs are not in sufficient control or know polite dog manners and get in the face of other dogs.
    If that dog happens not to like dogs, well, there can be serious trouble.

I would post more than just a note a dog is aggressive with dogs.
    I would say the adoption notice needs to warn the unsuspecting adopters what that really means, as far as living with such dogs.

Very true Bluey, and I'm sure Pcostx won't be just handing Ella over the first person who comes along. My post was a bump for Ella, as is this one
    where am I, what day is it, am I still having a good time?

well, it said she didn' get along with the other FEMALE dog in the household..............often same sex troubles go away with the opposite sex.............perhaps she is ok with males?

Quote Originally Posted by tallyho392 View Post
    well, it said she didn' get along with the other FEMALE dog in the household..............often same sex troubles go away with the opposite sex.............perhaps she is ok with males?
    Or may be fine alone and if you don't go where there are other dogs.

On the other hand, a dog with aggression issues is similar as a horse with, say, serious bucking/rearing/bolting problems.
    Under ideal conditions, someone may be able to handle that, but is that the kind rescues want to try to place, with so many nice dogs and horses without homes out there today?

At least here we were told up front, have seen plenty of rescues that gloss over problems.

Food for thought, serious thought.

I don't GLOSS OVER anything with my rescues. I want my dogs to go to PERMANENT homes. I want the dog AND the owner to be happy.

I work VERY hard to match the dog to the owner.

If anyone is interested in Ella I will tell them everything we have observed about her. I didn't feel the need to write a novel about her on my COTH posting.

I place around 80 dogs a year, I am more then happy to give you contact information on all 80+/- people who adopted from me in 2011 if you'd like to contact them and ask them how well I describe my dogs and how happy they are with my adoptions.
    Proud Native Texan!
    owned by 3 Cardigan Corgi's + 3 wonderful horses!

It's a shame I'm in Maryland. And I already have my quota of one witchy female dog in the house.

I'll keep mulitple (neutered) males in my house anyday. As a matter of fact, my boy boxer and my old black boy dog are both laying happily at my feet right now, while the witchy female dog has confiscated the cushy couch and won't let the boys up on it. I have always found that multiple females in the house is a great way to have some serious fights. So, only one for me.

Of course, I like boxers, and cattle dogs, and pits. So, perhaps I'm drawn to female dogs with some 'tude.