The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default have you ever checked out a real local haunted site.

keeping with the Halloween theme..and just what my topic says.

i decided to search for any known haunted places in my home town and only came up with one that actually just down the road from me...but don't know if its true or not,as i haven't gone to check myself..too much of a chicken(bawk,bawk)

There's a book called "Haunted Ohio" with stories about supposedly-haunted places in the state. One of them claims that there is a bridge in a small town in northwestern Ohio where the "ghost" of a motorcyclist who was killed can be seen. Well, the headlight can be seen, anyway. . .moving down the road and disappearing at the point where the accident allegedly happened.

My college roommates and I went to check it out one night when we were bored.

Didn't see anything, except for a bunch of other people who also drove out to go ghost-hunting. I guess they were bored, too.

Apparently, it's kind of a local attraction, and the people who live there nicknamed it "Spook Road."
    Please copy and paste this to your signature if you know someone, or have been affected by someone who needs a smack upside the head. Lets raise awareness.

Yes! I did a walking guided tour of Portland's "Shanghai tunnels" Able bodied men were drugged and kidnapped, and sold to ship captains for slave labor. There are tunnels below the streets connecting buildings and are supposedly one of the most haunted places in America!

http://www.shanghaitunnels.info/

It was very interesting and creepy, however, if I were to do that tour again, it would be during the daylight. The tunnels we were in were directly below nightclubs and it's hard to be spooked when the dj is blaring Katy Perry!

When I lived in Virginia, I also did a late night ghost tour of Colonial Williamsburg. That was very fascinating as well, but we were not permitted to go into any of the buildings because there were employees that work at the settlement living in them. Spooky nonetheless!

http://theghosttour.com/index.php

The library in my hometown is supposed to be haunted. Went there often as a kid but never experienced anything spooky. I think one of my older siblings did though....

YES - I did a tour of Eastern State Pennitentary in Philly - they do a haunted house thing at Halloween (which is by far the best one around), but they also do daytime tours of the prison. It's seriously spooky, even during the day, and especially Death Row.

Oh yes There is an insane asylum (long closed) on Long Island in Kings Park we used to walk my Jack there and she lovd to hunt in the old buildings, but there is one she wouldnt go in, I later heard about hauntings and ghost sitings at that particular spot, but I never saw anything

Supposedly the house I was living in till recently was haunted. One of my roommates swears she saw the ghost one night and there were plenty of stories floating around the farm about it. *grin*

I never saw anything unusual, just the usual stuff that goes with an old farmhouse.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

I did the haunted tour of the old former West Virginia State Penitentiary years ago in Moundsville, WV, after the prison was on the show Fear on MTV. I would highly recommend that place if you like spooky stuff - they do the haunted tour and the historical tour. You won't leave disappointed.
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

*or at least they used to. I went with friends right after it was on Fear and that was years ago...might want to check their website to make sure they are still operating the tours. The prison is no longer in use, so you don't have to worry about seeing prisoners.
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05