The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default American Horror Story....

It's on F/X and it is just the most creepy and cool show on TV. Anyone watch it?

Isnt it just the most bizarrre show? I think you will either LOVE it or HATE it, but it is really totally different than any other show on TV.

If you havent seen it, check it out On Demand

I love it! Can't wait until Wednesday!

I'm thoroughly obsessed with this show!

But no spoilers! I'm an episode behind!!

One of my friends got me hooked on it last Wednesday. I got caught up on Hulu and now I can't wait for another episode!

As much as I enjoy the show though, I seriously doubt it'll get a second season...
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris

I don't think it will get a second season either - similar to quite a few other shows I have the same opinions of.

I've watched AHS from the beginning, and DancingAppy, you'll love the Halloween Part 1.

Without giving details away, does anyone have the opinion that people who die in the house/ on the property are doomed to haunt the house and its inhabitants? Look at Halloween Part 1 when the person kept saying, "we have to get [them] to the lawn!"
    If wishes were horses then beggars would ride...
    DLA: Draft Lovers Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by talkofthetown View Post
    As in, the majikal butterfly-fahting gypsy vanners.

It is SO creepy and SO spooky that I love it! I can't go to bed immediately after watching it, or I'll have nightmares, though. :-)

Hydro, yes, I think everyone who dies in the house/property haunts the house. It's like an army of lost souls! Even the little boys Addie warned in the first episode came back to cause mischief in last week's episode.

I'm still trying to figure out WHAT exactly Constance is... the devil? A demon? Some kind of harbinger of evil? She's got to be!

I adore this show! As a huge horror movie fan, between this show and the Walking Dead - well, I'm just happy television networks are recognizing there can be a niche for this type of show.

I do hope that AHS gets renewed - from what I've read, it's getting pretty decent reviews, so hopefully it will at least get renewed for a second season.

You can Google the show and come up with a lot of different theories on what's going on with the house and its various ghosts...it's definitely over the top but it has no shame about it. Love that!
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

A Voice Halted

Quote Originally Posted by ohrebecca View Post

I'm still trying to figure out WHAT exactly Constance is... the devil? A demon? Some kind of harbinger of evil? She's got to be!
    I don't think Constance is supernatural at all (besides her psychic abilities.) We know her history with Moira, and we know, from bits and pieces, that she has more children (had more children) than just Addie.

Completely was not expecting the backstory of the thing in the basement though (don't spoil it! but it makes sense. I wonder, however, if things come back to haunt that die in/on the property how did the thing in the basement come to life?

I love last week's line from Constance, "that girls' in for another cupcake!"

I try not to Google the theories. IMDB has interesting ones - lol. I just want to know who Gimp-suit man is.

Love, love, love this show. Deliciously creepy! The cast is mostly terrific, Jessica Lange! Two Oscars and an Emmy. I think this show could have legs. One question puzzling me--if Moira died when she was young, why does she appear aged to the women who see her, but is still young and hot to the males? (I understand the humor in that, just don't understand how a ghost is supposed to age in appearance.)

Love it! I really hope it stays
    Also, just saw the first episode of the new NBC series Grimm and found it quite good as well
    “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Flagstaff Foxhunter View Post
    Love, love, love this show. Deliciously creepy! The cast is mostly terrific, Jessica Lange! Two Oscars and an Emmy. I think this show could have legs. One question puzzling me--if Moira died when she was young, why does she appear aged to the women who see her, but is still young and hot to the males? (I understand the humor in that, just don't understand how a ghost is supposed to age in appearance.)
    Episode 2, I believe it was, Moira said that men judge by what they see, and a woman judges a person by what's on the inside (or something like that.) Therefore, the ghost of Moira displays herself as a hot redhead just as Constance's husband saw her (which is why the detective also saw her as her younger self.) The wife sees her as her older self (funny how ghosts "age." And why does this ghost age to people but others don't?)

She has said before that people see her how they want to see her, and that women can see the truth (or something along those lines). Because really, in the episode that shows her backstory with Constance, Moira was not some seductress at all.

Plus, I'm not really sure she's a true ghost since they have shown her coming and going. I feel like her, Constance and Tate are real people but they are controlled/brought to life by the house and serve as the ones who bring in new "victims". Kind of like the gate keepers, I guess, for lack of a better term.

Oh, and I do like the show. Its very weird, and I like how its non linear. You never know if events are taking place within a day or two, or months. But I agree that it might be a little too odd for mainstream TV.

KateKat, I like your take on Tate and Constance.

The thing about Moira is that she is certainly a ghost, we saw her shot through the eye, and her remains are in the back yard. I think her dialogue about people seeing what they want to see still does not explain her aging appearance. The ruined eye indicates healing from an incident she did not survive. Also, when her remains were nearly discovered, she was hopeful she might be released, but then her grave was covered over again and she was trapped. Constance taunts her about shooting her again. Why would Constance see the woman she murdered as a young woman, morphed into the older woman she never had a chance to become? Most puzzling...... So I agree with HydroPhile, why does this ghost age? Because Moira was an old soul even when she was young and beautiful? But Constance, who mistakenly thought Moira had seduced her husband, should not be able to see that old soul, she would see Moira as her young self--but maybe with a bullet through her eye....

Isn't it cool that there is a show intriguing enough to spark this dialogue?

We are all caught up, were an episode behind, wow, I just LOVE this show!

I bet they get picked up for a second season. It's gotten great reviews, and is really building, yet, could go in any direction. Kinda like Dexter, not really needing to follow a set path.

FYI - There is a marathon on tonight, all FOUR episodes, starts at 9pm on F/X. If you havent watched it, set your DVR's!

I cant figure out if Tate is really the rubber suit guy, or just found it laying around the basement. It looks like Part 2, on Wednesday, is gonna add some of the weirdness.

I wonder what the house will do to her baby? The nurse fainted over something, and it's kicking? LOL

There is plenty this show could do to fill a couple of seasons, imo. Since it is over such a huge time frame, they could always bring in new (or old dead) people or go to different years to show more history of the house. Looks like they added one for next week, you knew they house wouldnt help the dad and make his life easier. Will he be the only one to see her? or will the wife?

BTW - F/X just renewed Sons of Ancharcy for the 5th season, so they do stick w/good shows. I like that show, BUT America Horror Story is soooo much better! I would be really surprised if F/X did cancel it. I bet HBO or Showtime would snatch it up, since it goes w/a lot of their shows. Too good for just one season!

I like it. The first episode freaked me out so much that I have made a point to watch subsequent episodes during the middle of the day, on weekends. I am not as scared now, so I think I can probably go back to watching at night. Bizarre show though.
    -Debbie / NH

My Blog: http://deborahsulli.blogspot.com/

KateKat, I like your take on Tate and Constance.

The thing about Moira is that she is certainly a ghost, we saw her shot through the eye, and her remains are in the back yard. I think her dialogue about people seeing what they want to see still does not explain her aging appearance. The ruined eye indicates healing from an incident she did not survive. Also, when her remains were nearly discovered, she was hopeful she might be released, but then her grave was covered over again and she was trapped. Constance taunts her about shooting her again. Why would Constance see the woman she murdered as a young woman, morphed into the older woman she never had a chance to become? Most puzzling...... So I agree with HydroPhile, why does this ghost age? Because Moira was an old soul even when she was young and beautiful? But Constance, who mistakenly thought Moira had seduced her husband, should not be able to see that old soul, she would see Moira as her young self--but maybe with a bullet through her eye....

Isn't it cool that there is a show intriguing enough to spark this dialogue?
    No, I definitely agree that Moira is a ghost. But perhaps not a ghost in traditional terms. She is not, afterall bound to the house's grounds like the other ghosts, as evidenced by her visiting her mother. That is why I think that the house has given certain people physical selves to serve its purpose. Because really, we don't know much of Constance's backstory yet. She could be dead as well, for all we know.

Easily my favorite show this year! The casting and writing is fantastic. Jessica Lange and Connie Britton should get Emmy noms in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shermy View Post

BTW - F/X just renewed Sons of Ancharcy for the 5th season, so they do stick w/good shows. I like that show, BUT America Horror Story is soooo much better! I would be really surprised if F/X did cancel it. I bet HBO or Showtime would snatch it up, since it goes w/a lot of their shows. Too good for just one season!
    What the...how can you say that this show is better than SOA?? SOA has Charlie Hunam who waaaaay out-hots Dylan McDermott.

I agree though, I don't think FX will jump the gun too soon. After all, they stuck with Nip/Tuck for a LONG time.

I'm very impressed with their programming on the whole though, currently waiting for Justified to come back!

I LOVE this show!!

Also-- did anyone catch the skeletons "draped" over the pumpkin in the front yard in the Halloween episode? My husband and I cracked up!

WOO HOO! Just announced!

LOS ANGELES, October 31, 2011 – Fans of American Horror Story got a Halloween treat today from FX as the network placed a second-season order of 13 episodes from Twentieth Century Fox Television, announced John Landgraf, President and General Manager, FX Networks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shermy View Post

I cant figure out if Tate is really the rubber suit guy, or just found it laying around the basement. It looks like Part 2, on Wednesday, is gonna add some of the weirdness.
    The writers said on Part 2, Tate comes face-to-face with his past.