The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Spam!

Who else thinks the (rather, um.. Interesting!) variety of spam that makes its way onto COTH slightly funny? I especially liked the ad that popped up today about the inexpensive dumps that you can buy if you just give whoever your credit card number!
    And this is the story of your red right ankle.

Not funny to me - rather an invasion of my space. Also, annoying, are the amount of first time posters coming on with seemingly innocent questions re inflammatory subjects, or who revive ancient threads....one tends to tar them all with the same brush, even if they are innocent. One can only guess at their motivation.

It all depends on your perspective- Annoying, maybe, but quite amusing if your look at it from the standpoint of "Oh, these people actually think that we are stupid enough to hand out personal information."

I get tired of the generic info dump ones, but I liked the ones we had with titles like, "Why my boyfriend say I can wear this?" Those were pretty funny IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by CosMonster View Post
    I get tired of the generic info dump ones, but I liked the ones we had with titles like, "Why my boyfriend say I can wear this?" Those were pretty funny IMO.
    If anything, the phrasing and grammar is enough to laugh at. Can you say Engrish, prease?

Just be careful not to click on any links on the suspicious threads. I've been watching the greenies who dredge up the old threads. I'm sure a couple are for real...but why does someone do that?
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant