The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default GREAT customer service--trailer service

I bought a Hawk trailer from Risa at Happy Trails Trailers in SC about eight years ago. I've had spotty luck getting the trailer serviced near home and finally emailed Risa to see about bringing it to her shop. She emailed back with a very reasonable estimate for the work I needed AND offered to let me drop it off at her house, saving me over 60 miles each way, since her shop is on the opposite side from where I was coming from. AND she let me drop it off on a Sunday, and pick it up on Wednesday evening, after hours, so I didn't have to take time off work. All of the work was done well, including an extensive inspection from "floor to ceiling, nose to tail" including a printed report with notations.

I know Risa is well known here for her good work in doing helpful sales all over the country, but if you're anywhere in the southeast and need service, she now is providing that as well and seems to have a good setup and is very willing to go out of her way to make it available.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

I swear. I've looked at every brand of trailer out there & still keep looking at the Hawk. When I've spoken with Risa she's gone out of her way & taken all the time in the world to help me. Even when I'm sure she's thinking that I'm wasting her time. She's been great. Would buy from her in an instant.
    Also, op, how's your trailer holding up? Looking good?
    Producing horses with gentle minds & brilliant movement!
    www.whitfieldfarm.shutterfly.com

There is a little bit of paint on the frame on the inside that is starting to flake, and I've had to put some Rustoleum on the headwall between the DR and the stalls where the horses fling hay and spray snockle. I did brush and spray-paint the steel wheels. And I put new tires on it about a year ago. But--I've had people look at my trailer in the last six months and ask if it is brand new (seriously, this happened).

Spay and neuter. Please.

Nice review!! I love great customer service!! What did you have done to your trailer?

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

Love Risa....she is so straight up!
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

I had the standard wheel/bearing service with the overall inspection, replaced the emergency breakaway battery, had a weld fixed on the ramp, had a short in the wiring to the license plate bracket fixed (this was a result of some maintenance I had done myself, not a fault with the trailer). They also checked out my brakes and adjusted the tire pressure. The overall inspection with the notations and recommendations was particularly helpful to remind me of things I should keep up with.

Spay and neuter. Please.