The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hanoverian Stallion Licensing

Last edited by Joanne; Oct. 27, 2011 at 04:00 PM.

The Dancier is very fancy. Do you not like the toed in fronts on the other one or his larger frame or ???

You're too late, Joanne! I claimed him on Oct. 7th in this prior thread -- http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=323538

Thanks for the link to the new youtube videos, however!

Thanks for the youtube links!

I was watching on the Han site - but videos from today aren't coming up right now.
    www.clearbluefarm.com - a work in progress

Quote Originally Posted by DennisM View Post
    You're too late, Joanne! I claimed him on Oct. 7th in this prior thread -- http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=323538

Thanks for the link to the new youtube videos, however!
    I knew there was another thread a while back and I couldn't find it.

Would love to be there watching the preliminaries and the auction.

Jeeze that chap can move! The horse isn't too bad either, but that man was fair motoring. I'd have had a coronary half through.

I have to play devil's advocate. The Dancier is crazy elastic, but he is lacking in bone for my personal taste. Would have to see him in person to judge, but when I video my horses, and I do it a lot, they always appear heavier in the videos. He is narrow in the chest and the front legs are just so narrow and slim...and hocks are the same. I have quite a few mares, and I can not think of one that I would want to add that much refinement too. His movement yes!!!
    Nancy Holowesko
    www.crosiadorefarm.com
    Breeders of GOV Horses for Dressage

I was thinking the same thing about him. What size tiny would you have to be to look right on a horse that refined?

Does Dancier "typically" refine that much? The other Dancier stallion was much heavier and I commented about the type difference between them.

I really like the Desperados/Weltmeyer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVO27..._order&list=UL

I don't disagree that the Dancier-Rotspon is more elegant than powerful, but he's not even 3 yet! (Some of my 2 year olds have looked like string beans, and my vet likes them that way.) I'd like to think that he's not been artificially created for the licensing (e.g., steroid free). In any event, the youtube video says he's 16.1 and 1/2 hands, so he's not exactly tiny now. I think he'll look smashing as a mature stallion. (And, of course, for my taste it doesn't hurt that he's bright chestnut with BLING!)
    Last edited by DennisM; Oct. 28, 2011 at 11:11 AM.

It's not his height, it's his mass -- or lack there of. And yes, he will chunk up as he turns into a mature stallion. But you can clearly tell he is a refined type and that isn't going to change.

I have two 16.3 horses. One 16.3 Waldlowe/Geuldenstein mare and one a SSong/Rotspon (refined) 16.3 mare. They are two totally different types and will always have a different look about them regardless of age.

Oh Back in the Saddle. I used to ride Waldlowe 30 years ago. He was wonderful. Nice stallion to handle until you'd get to the breeding shed.
    I drove up to NJ & picked him up after he was flown over. I remember the long trip with him to KY for quarantine, then to GA where he stood at stud.
    Haven't heard his name in years.

I also like the Dancier/Rotspon stallion. Very very nice. I have a big girl who he'd go well with.
    Producing horses with gentle minds & brilliant movement!
    www.whitfieldfarm.shutterfly.com

The premiums:

2 B. v. Belissimo M – Rubin-Royal- Feiner Stern
    6 Df. v. Burlington – Pik L – Grande
    12 F. v. Dancier – Rotspon – Argentan
    13 Db. v. Desperados – A Jungle Prince – Wendekreis
    20 B. v. Fidertanz – Friedensfürst – Liberty M
    22 Db. v. Fidertanz – Stedinger – Sion
    40 F. v. Londontime – Florestan I – Donnerhall

58 B. v. Canstakko – Sir Shostakovic xx – Star Regent xx
    70 Schwbr. v. Clintord – Singular Joter – Quasi Roi
    74 B. v. Graf Top – Sandro Song – Furioso II
    75 B. v. Lord Pezi – Contendro – Argentinus
    84 B. v. Quaid – Escudo I – Graf Grannus
    86 B. v. Stakkato – Couleur-Rubin – Caprilli
    91 Db. v. Valentino – Acorado – Imperator

Hi Guys, was there in person today.
    Congratulations to Judy Hedreen who had her Canstakkato licensed. Nice colt.
    Since I was sitting in the front row right in front of the entry to the jump chute, got a good look at the boys up close.

I liked the Dancier/Rotspon quite a bit. He is not narrow at ll considering he is only 2 and 1/2. He was the best of the Danciers by far.
    I also liked the Fuerst Grandios. Although quite immature compared tot he rest of the dressage horses, hehas the gaits and the mind to do GP in my opinion. Also was impressed with the Fidertanz boys. They both were more elegant than what I have seen licensed in the past.

However, although I am primarily a dressage breeder, two of the jumpers simply took my breath away. #70 by Clintord/Singular Joeter was refined, elegant and scopey. Hehad a really nice canter and a very good trot. OK walk.
    But the show stopper for me and the entire hall was #91, the Valentino!!!!!
    He is so handsome, a very elegant head and neck for a stallion, pure black, and has enourmous presence. He reminds me very much of His Highness when he was licensed, imposing. He was the crowd favorite, when he was given a premium, you could nothear for all the clapping,stomping and cheering. I think he will sell for a lot of money tomorrow. I told my husband I want to bring him home with me LOL!
    I think it is possible that this jumper bred might have the high price of the auction tomorrow. I beleive he could easily go to a dressage barn and be a star. It is going to be exciting to morrow for sure.
    Maryanna Haymon- Marydell Farm - Home to Don Principe & Doctor Wendell MF
    www.marydellfarm.com
    2012 USDF Champion Breeder! 2007, 2011 USEF Champ Breeder
    2009,2010,2011 USDF Res Breeder of the Year!

Maryanna, I agree with you ..... you need to bring him home.

I will be attending the GOV stallion days in Vechta in a few weeks. I so excited and ready for a vacation.

Enjoy yourself!

Lou Rascoe
    Longview Sport Ponies LLc
    www.longviewfarm.us

Hey Lou, will see you in Vechta. I think you contacted me awhile back about going to see ponies at Timo Coldewey's.
    Nancy Holowesko
    www.crosiadorefarm.com
    Breeders of GOV Horses for Dressage

Both Stallions are quite beautiful and have great presence. Is it just me or does stallion #2 seriously paddle in front? Maybe he was just excited, but I saw a lot of foot flinging traveling away and toward the camera.

Maryanna ditto:
    Fürst Grandios I reallly liked, also very nice on the triangle.
    THE Dancier is very very correct and yes he is not a chunkier model, but Dancier himself neither. This one is not too light and if they may have thrown him out because they have the policy of good foundation and backs their are aiming at/focus on since last (?) year.
    The valentino came in on the triangle and I was sitting right next to the comission. As soon as he was coming up towards us and passing us you could tell wow. This is one that really has presence, real stallion presence. No other one was coming over like him. I am not sure if all the big jumper people will see the big GP horse in him (heard voices regarding this aroung me yesterday), but certainly the most impressive overall complet package.

The Clintord aswell a great horse. Holstein people I was talking to yesterday were not convinced as they said Clintord did not too really good in Holstein and has disappeared. But quite a few voices could be heard: a stallion to put more athletism on dressage mares.
    I would say the Dancier, the Valentino also the Van Gogh may be in the higher prices. Clintord maybe aswell. You never know with the auctions - there just need to be some crazy people ! The Lord Pezi I guess wil go to professional riders not nec. a stallion station. Great jumper !

And interesting to know. The dancier, the Clintord are all from the same person (plus another unlicensed stallion). This person bought 5 stallions in 2009, bred one colt, so he raised 6. And now this result. And we will see later today that this will also be a big monetary win. The clintord went through a small foal auction for 2800 and one of the others was bought at a dealer who is buying a lot of foals each year for small money (this one was also not really expansive to my information). This guy has an eye, but as you can tell he is very very picky with what he is buying. (Keep your fingers crossed - he is hopefully looking at a colt that I bred next week...based upon video he is already quite convinced).

What was interesting (new) to me: The Monte Bellinis were really really nice. (I am not the jumper person, so I do not pay attention throughout the year on jumping bred offspring). Unfortunately one fell and hit himself with his feet, so that he has now a big area filled with blood (What is the name of that in english ?) it is huge, swollen and hurting. Pour guy -should have also been one of the premiums I guess.

Lets see what the day brings - am on my way shortly ! 45 minute drive from home :-)))
    I am not responsible for spelling misstacks - just my PC
    www.hannoveranerzuechter.de
    Filly Londontime - Sandro Hit - Rouletto
    http://youtu.be/1O23BeiKpkY

What is the name of that in english? I think it is called a hematoma.

yes, hematoma. He fell almost in front of me. I was not happy with the way the jump chute was run this year. Many falls entering it, poor results for the dressage stallions, and I think many "sore" horses today. The footing was too soft and deep and when the stallions entered at a high speed, they slipped badly even if they did not fall. Too much white surrounding the flowers as well.
    But I agree that many of the jumpers caught my eye. Very unusual for me.
    Maryanna Haymon- Marydell Farm - Home to Don Principe & Doctor Wendell MF
    www.marydellfarm.com
    2012 USDF Champion Breeder! 2007, 2011 USEF Champ Breeder
    2009,2010,2011 USDF Res Breeder of the Year!

What time does the auction start? edit: found it.. 3pm Germany time

Aren't these usually online somewhere?