The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Gimme a Perfect Horse!

I've removed identifying info, but if someone has a fabulous horse to give this girl, let me know.

"Wanted- Free Horse. 15.3 hands and Taller. 5 to 10 years old. Wil be boarding at my aunts home- tons of horse experince. I am not interested in any thouroghbreds unless they are crossed with something else. Looking for a horse with good feet. No lameness and no injurys that would prevent them from being ridden by a bigger girl. I am 16 and have been riding since I was 6. No retired race horses please. Call or text at ***-****. My Name is ******* .ps. Must be close to ****. ***** and ******* are good areas. ALso Im not looking to spend any money on buying a horse. "

What is she smoking and is she sharing???

If only she removed the no OTTBs clause and actually put effort into finding a free horse instead of expecting a handout, I'm sure she could find something - but apparently beggars can be choosers!

Good luck to her!

Default Picky yet broad

I have no problem with someone putting it out. Wish all you want. But still, it seems as if this person wants the owner to do all the work and wonderpony to drop into her lap.
    Tu deviens responsable pour toujours de ce que tu as apprivoisé.
    You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed
    Le Petit Prince

Honestly, I'd have concerns about the horse's welfare once she acquired him/her...if she "isn't looking to spend any money", who is going to pay for the farrier/vet/upkeep? And God forbid the horse need anything out of the ordinary...
    JB-Infinity Farm
    www.infinitehorses.com

Little offended by the OTTB thing.
    "Rock n' roll's not through, yeah, I'm sewing wings on this thing." --Destroyer
    http://dressagescriblog.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot View Post
    I have no problem with someone putting it out. Wish all you want.
    You know what they say, "Wish in one hand, crap in the other, see which piles up first..."

Funny, because it seems on coth, the moment a horse puts a foot wrong, or if someone is looking at buying a particular horse with a flaw, someone is always saying "don't waste your time/money with that rotten animal, people are giving away sound, broke horses for free in this economy!

Yeah, I'd like to find one of those sound, broke, free horses. None around here.

Also on CL gal had a horse that had a rearing issue but "would be a great project horse!" Interested in trading for your sound, dead broke packer. Yeah, I'm all over that one like a cheap suit.
    Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert

Quote Originally Posted by kinnip View Post
    Little offended by the OTTB thing.
    Agreed. Just goes to show how mis-informed they are. I also agree the care-taking would probably be questionable. Sounds like a flavor of the month to me.
    The best is yet to come

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

My neighbors were on CL looking for someone to give them a mare that would teach their daughter to ride. For free. They have a 2yo but she isn't broke yet. Since neither one of them have any horse experience, the little girl has never been in a lesson program, and they have a filly and want a mare, I am pretty sure I see where their horse plan is headed. Flagged repeatedly in the hopes they don't get anything else!!

These are the people that make me want a dart gun that shoots birth control into horses. And people
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

She's a 16 year old kid and doesn't know any better. There is no harm in asking, although I think receiving is another matter.
    Where Norwegian Fjords Rule
    http://www.ironwood-farm.com