The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pan Am coverage?

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knows if eventing coverage from the Pan Ams will be available live for Canadian residents?

Thanks

We get one canadian channel here, CBUT, which is covering a very limited amount of the games, I saw a couple hours on sat, which is highlights from the first week. So it would be super lucky to catch any horse stuff then but not likely. On the official Pan Am 2011 site, they have a link to live coverage videos: http://deportesmx.terra.com.mx/rumbo...-2011/en-vivo/ but so far I've only seen like, taekwondo and volleyball. I'm still holding out hope that they'll have some horse stuff eventually.

John from Eventing Nation will be there to provide coverage of the Eventing competition and he usually includes the Canadians!

Question Dressage Sores @ the Pan Ams

I just went to the Pan Am website http://info.guadalajara2011.org.mx/E...0000001ENG.htm and they have Buck down for a 88.9 penalties in dressage!! Let's hope it's a scoring glitch

Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by JFS View Post
    I just went to the Pan Am website http://info.guadalajara2011.org.mx/E...0000001ENG.htm and they have Buck down for a 88.9 penalties in dressage!! Let's hope it's a scoring glitch

Jackie
    En is saying that is a scoring glitch and reported Buck's score as 48.9
    If it were easy, everybody would do it.

Equi-Sport Services

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

An 88.6 would mean that his dressage score was 59.27. That could happen if a good horse falls to pieces or with a horse that just doesn't DO dressage at all.

I"ve seen worse numbers in my 4* spreadsheets.

Quote Originally Posted by JFS View Post

Jackie
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

I'm curious to see how many horses will handle Fence 12 on x-country, with the tunnel. Asking a horse to basically take a jump straight into a dark-ish tunnel is going to require a very solid partnership.

I agree that that's an odd jump. I think they said the clearance is 14 feet but it looks shorter in the picture. Maybe the picture makes it look scarier than it is in real life.

K

Quote Originally Posted by NCRider View Post
    I agree that that's an odd jump. I think they said the clearance is 14 feet but it looks shorter in the picture. Maybe the picture makes it look scarier than it is in real life.

K

14' high is the clearance from the ground to the top of the tunnel. That isn't a ton of clearance if you are on a taller horse jumping a 3'9" fence in!!! but it should be enough.

I've seen similar questions at prelim and Intermediate before. .....of course that doesn't mean I'd want to jump it
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

where do you see pics of the fences?
    Gwen Dean
    Area II YR Coordinator
    Lost Hounds HT Secretary

Someone's caption on the tunnel jump is that there is actually landing room between the jump and entering the tunnel (maybe a stride or two?) - the photos are an optical illusion.
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

Maybe I'm wrong, but I got the impression from the photo caption that the fence was not right at the opening, but rather a stride or more in front of the opening- so the horse has already landed from the jump upon entering.

ETA: I saw the photos here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/se...8090418&type=1

is there anywhere to see the fences for cc?
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

Here is a link to the USET photo album of the course.

They have said in the caption of fence 14 that it is not as close to the tunnel as it appears in pictures. That means that the tunnel probably looks shorter and the jump bigger than they really are. Overall, I think that the course looks quite challenging for the level!
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" Immanuel Kant

I think the jump with the water running on top would possibly be scarier - upon a close look, there is a pipe dropping the water onto the jump from overhead - that could certainly be a distraction!
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

Which fence number has the water? I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blugal View Post
    Someone's caption on the tunnel jump is that there is actually landing room between the jump and entering the tunnel (maybe a stride or two?) - the photos are an optical illusion.

That would make more sense...jumping into a tunnel with only 14' clearance is cutting it close!
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

The course looks great! I love the golf balls with tees.

Some people are really freaking out over the course. That one lady is all "your jumps are dangerous! Don't enter!"

I think they all look lovely, most have nice ascending faces to them, but a lot to encourage runouts, which is good for a championship course. I don't think it'll be a dressage show!

I love that all the oxers and tables are so clearly ascending. No hidden back rails and most of the tables have stuff piled on top, which makes it SO much easier for the horses to assess. It looks beautiful!! Good luck, Team!
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

Thanks for the link - JFR - looking for Hawley Bennett's score - she is two to go right now. Believe she is riding Gin 'N Juice's full brother. (Five o'clock somewhere)

I like the connection of those two names - can just imagine the discussions round the kitchen table when they were making their name selection.