The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Sweet, sound older TB gelding in NE Ohio.

I am looking place a 17 year old TB gelding who is servicabley sound, he does have a small spur in his left hock.

I have owned the horse for about 5 years, and he have no health issues. He does crib. mainly at dinner time, and can be a little quirky around feeding time.

Anyone and their brother can trail ride the horse, and ideally he would be an exceptional second family horse for the cousins and friends to ride along.

He has very very solid flatwork, goes in a frame and has all basic lateral movements. We ride him in a rubber snaffle. He would be appropriate as a low level dressage mount and will tolerate an advanced beginner to intermediate rider on the flat.

He has jumping training and has shown in the hunter and jumper ring locally with good ribbons and tricolors. very important information to follow: He went out on a lease, and came back very tense, and nervous to the jumps and I feel he is not appropriate for beginning jumping riders. I have done some reschooling work, and have him working quietly over poles, small x's and verticals and it is going well. A 15 year old student is jumping him as well, and it is going nicely.

He is social with people and other horses. He gets turned out in a large group of geldings and a mini-mare. He will stand for hours to be groomed, is easy to clip, work with the farrier, and vet. Wall and crossties, stands in the wash rack etc. He has excellant ground and stable manners while being handled.

Thank you for looking.
    Last edited by mrsbradbury; Oct. 28, 2011 at 04:57 PM.

Still available and looking for that nice home.

Where in ohio?
    MIDWAY SOCCER 08' First Season!!!!!!

Northeast, between Cleveland and Ashtabula.