The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

BUMPING!

He did awesome today, of course. There was loooots of traffic on the way to the trail, which was very unusual for the road, but nonetheless he plowed along as if nothing was going on. We had a close run in with a couple of dogs (although I think there was an invisible fence) and you wouldn't have known two GSD's were running at him and barking if you were watching him. We even met a stallion and he didn't do much more than arch his neck at him. He also did well being the 2nd horse....he didn't like my horse's glacial pace, but he wasn't rude or pushy.

I dare one of you to come out and ride my horse and tell me you don't love him to death.....

I agree with justsambam8
    and on Tuesday we did some videos of our dressage work..
    Just remember he has only 6 weeks of solid training so far (2 weeks were impossible for me to go to the barn because of many spring break visitors...)
    I have no idea how other OTTBs are managing. But I´m sure impressed with his attitude....

Canter
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUTOd...MyOFP2MPYqHCsw

Trot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfpx-...feature=relmfu

walking
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRR4u...feature=relmfu
    Owned proudly by my horses and the Pony
    Blacky by Sandro Hit, Amica by Amidou,
    Sarasota (Princess) by Don Schufro and Daysie by Sandro Hit
    and last not least Kassandra GRP by Burstye Orpheus

bumping up!

Glad you bumped him again. If our house would sell we could move to our land and start to build, but until that happens, I can't afford to board 2 horses.
    Pray our house sells!

bumpity bump!

Love this guy!! Someone needs to scoop him up!

bumping!

Bumping!

Really I don´t get it. Why is nobody interested?? This is a nice horse for somebody who loves to go out and ride without worrying to much about anything..

He is really really tough on his legs, is not spooky at all, will trail ( I assume also by himself, because he is pretty self-confident), and has never ever so far objected to anything I did to him.
    And I really started to do many new things to him..
    By the way he backs under the rider now and for the last few days he responded perfect to my canter aids on both leads. Also he walks and trots over poles under rider. So my next thing will be to work on his transitiions...
    He accepts spurs and whip without any problem. I think its amazing how trusting he is.... He kind of thinks he has figured me out (is my assumption) so he thinks I will not harm him...

I simply love to deal with a horse like this, it makes things easy.

I will only be here until the End of May, so if anybody would be interested I could show Ice to the person.
    Owned proudly by my horses and the Pony
    Blacky by Sandro Hit, Amica by Amidou,
    Sarasota (Princess) by Don Schufro and Daysie by Sandro Hit
    and last not least Kassandra GRP by Burstye Orpheus

I love him and sent you a PM.

I do believe he has been placed. He won't be leaving till the end of this month, but the woman is absolutely in love with him!

Quote Originally Posted by justsambam8 View Post
    I do believe he has been placed. He won't be leaving till the end of this month, but the woman is absolutely in love with him!
    Congrats! Manni01 lovely posts (diary of sorts) on Ice were so delightful. Best wishes to his new owner and to Ice! And thanks Manni01 for all the fun.