The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Horse boarding- north of Nashville, TN

Shot in the dark--

My lovely, slice-of-heaven boarding barn I've been at for the past 5 years has sold after only 7 months on the market.

This gives me the opportunity to move my horses closer to my house in Hendersonville, TN... except there isn't a whole lot around here. I've pretty much called everywhere I've found through Google, craigslist, and just driving around the area.

Anyone know of any barns or have any recommendations? Looking preferably for pasture board for 2 horses, although stall board would be okay if they get at least 8-10 hours turnout daily.

Ideally I'd like to find somewhere within about 15 miles of Hendersonville (currently driving 40+ miles one way to Franklin).

Thanks in advance!
    Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

Default hendersonville boarding

Try Lazy J 615-452-7622 and also Marion Stables----I do not have their phone# but they do have a website

Thank you so much!

I've left messages with Lazy J, but no one has returned my calls yet... it looks lovely from the road, though!

Marion Stables' website has been down. I emailed them through newhorse.com and have yet to hear back.

Ah, the joys of searching for boarding.
    Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

Lazy J is a very good farm. I boarded there for a while, and your horses will always be well taken care of.

Marion Stables no longer exists. It is now called Indian Lake stables. You DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES want to EVER board your horses there. Message me if you want to know details, but trust me on this. Horses aren't taken care of, and the people running it don't know what they are doing.

Hope I can help!

Have you check the bulletin boards at TSC and the Co-op?

I'm by M'boro, so that's no help.

StG

Default boarding

I'll have a friend that boards at Lazy J if yo want to PM me your # I'll connect you 2------if you want-----he's no creep. Known him for 25+ yrs. And in the mean time, I'll try to get a good contact # 4 you.

Bump.

I know it's been a few months, but the farm I moved to (the best I could find with openings) is not the best fit for my retired guy. Hoping a great barn with pasture board has magically appeared.