The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Smile Anybody enjoying hunt week?

I wasn't able to go this year.

I hope to go again the next time they have it.

Any one out there that wouldn't mind providing hunting reports for those of us that just couldn't go this time. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to live vicariously through some else's hunt report.

Me neither. My second horse has a fractured splint bone and is in a stall...............but I would LOVE to go again next year if they have it again. I've been a few times before......it's my favorite trip and the deal of the centuary!!!
    www.flyingcolorsfarm.comHome of pinto stallion Claim to Fame and his homozygous son, Counterclaim. Friend us on Facebook!https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fl...04678589573428

Jingles for your horses speedy recovery!

Thumbs up What I saw!!

Well lets see...from the Northern Va. reports. Casanova had to cancel due to huntsman illness so they kindly provided tickets & a tailgate to the Gold Cup that afternoon. Some folks were able to hunt locally also that morning as the hunts went but had "short" days. Sunday was a 5 hour hunt (2 mountains up/down!) at Rappahannocks Manwaring Gate. Rappahannock Hunt also had a coctail party that night. Monday was Bull Runs meet at The Hill for a slower/steadier day. Yesterday ODH hosted about 30 guests at Poes Run and had a great day for 2 1/2 hrs including one to ground. Everyone came in tickled & happy! I helped yesterday with the tailgate. Met a brave crew of 4 ladies from Cloudline Hunt in Texas. Also 1 from Conn., 2 from NJ, 5 from Pennsylvania, 2 from Oakridge in Va., 2 from Reedy Creek in southern Va.,Coupla folks from So. Carolina (Aiken?), 2 from Bull Run, coupla folks from some New England hunts, 2 from Warrenton Hunt, Glenmore, and others from other hunts in Va. I didn't talk to everybody but I tried! Everyone sooooo nice and having fun. Total blast but honestly....how DO they hunt 4 days in a row like that and still even talk!!! Lots of comments about the "hills" & "mountains" from the flatlanders! Hilarious as WE don't have mountains like they mean mountains but I spose Va. is "mountainous" to some of the Texas folks! One thing I really noticed. Some FAB-U-LUSS horses!! Breathtaking horses!! Unreal turnout for cubbing too! There's a cute little snowflaked buckskin QH who was the talk of the town yesterday! Boy he was cute! Remarkable color. He's from Texas but I TRIED to get him in my truck and take him home but that woman hid him first.....dang!! Looks like a good time was had by all!!

Smile Thanks

Wow, that's a lot of non Virginians hunting....And some with quite the trek to bring their own ponies, AND hunt 4 days in a row.

Glad there was sport for them to enjoy.

I'm sure the "hilly" terrain had them going all

Compared to where you are, I am a flat lander, and it is hard to get fit for that kind of work, without access to that terrain.

AND how dare you comment on a cute pony and not post a picture!!

I did hear that a couple of people came off during a creek/river crossing. Hope it happened at the END of the day, not the beginning.

Default Glenmore Report

A friend Hunted with Glenmore this morning and had a good day. She said it was very windy, giving the hounds some extra hard conditions for scent. All in all, a good day, not too hilly for the flatland horse.

Heading down to car follow for the Saturday Hunt at Rockbridge.
    Alison Howard
    Homestead Farms, Maryland www.freshorganicvegetables.com