The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Just when I thought the Nigerian Scam couldn't get any worse...

OPERATION SCAM EMMANUEL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Dear Tracy,

I am Barrister Emmanuel Chrelsta a solicitor at law. I am the personal attorney to Mr.Garry Dopko,a nationality of your country, who used
    to work with shell development company in Nigeria and as well a one time secret agent intransfering of money overse as for the Late head of state of Nigeria {Late Gen.SANI ABACHA.) Before his death On the 21st of April 2000 [my client, his wife And their three children were involved in a car accident along sagbama
    express road in which all occupants of the motor died}My client {Garry} deposited the sum of $20M USD (Twenty Million Dollars)in International Trust Bank for himself, with the hope of transferring it to his country as soon as he is on leave.

Since his death I have made several enquiries to your embassy to locate any of my clients extended relatives this has also proved unsuccessful. After these several unsuccessful attempts,I decided to trace his last name over the Internet, to locate any member of his family hence I contacted you. I have contacted you to assist
    in repartrating themoney and property left behind by my client before they get confisicated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this huge deposits were lodged particularly,the International Trust Bank
    where the deceased had an account valued at about $20M USD (Twenty Million Dollars) has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or have the account confisicated within the next ten official working days.

Since I have been unsuccesfull in locating the the relatives for over 3 years now I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased since you have the same last name so that the proceeds of this account valued at $20M USD (Twenty Million
    Dollars) can be paid to you and then you and me can share the money.70% to me and 30%to you I have all necessary legal documents that can be used to back up any claim we may make. All I require is your honest co-operation to enable us set this business through. I guarantee that this will be executed under alegitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.Please get in touch with me through my confidential email address a sunday_ammed@zwallet.com to enable us discuss further

Best regards,
    Barrister Emmanuel Chrelsta.(SAN)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been laying low for a long time but I think I'm going to take the bait on this one!! Scam artists, here I come! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Daventry Farms
    www.daventryfarms.com
    Quality sport horses and ponies!

Daventry Web Productions
    www.daventrywebproductions.com

[This message was edited by Daventry on Feb. 28, 2004 at 09:21 AM.]
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI pony stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

Just when I thought the Nigerian Scam couldn't get any worse...

OPERATION SCAM EMMANUEL

Dear Tracy,

I am Barrister Emmanuel Chrelsta a solicitor at law. I am the personal attorney to Mr.Garry Dopko,a nationality of your country, who used
    to work with shell development company in Nigeria and as well a one time secret agent intransfering of money overse as for the Late head of state of Nigeria {Late Gen.SANI ABACHA.) Before his death On the 21st of April 2000 [my client, his wife And their three children were involved in a car accident along sagbama
    express road in which all occupants of the motor died}My client {Garry} deposited the sum of $20M USD (Twenty Million Dollars)in International Trust Bank for himself, with the hope of transferring it to his country as soon as he is on leave.

Since his death I have made several enquiries to your embassy to locate any of my clients extended relatives this has also proved unsuccessful. After these several unsuccessful attempts,I decided to trace his last name over the Internet, to locate any member of his family hence I contacted you. I have contacted you to assist
    in repartrating themoney and property left behind by my client before they get confisicated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this huge deposits were lodged particularly,the International Trust Bank
    where the deceased had an account valued at about $20M USD (Twenty Million Dollars) has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or have the account confisicated within the next ten official working days.

Since I have been unsuccesfull in locating the the relatives for over 3 years now I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased since you have the same last name so that the proceeds of this account valued at $20M USD (Twenty Million
    Dollars) can be paid to you and then you and me can share the money.70% to me and 30%to you I have all necessary legal documents that can be used to back up any claim we may make. All I require is your honest co-operation to enable us set this business through. I guarantee that this will be executed under alegitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.Please get in touch with me through my confidential email address a sunday_ammed@zwallet.com to enable us discuss further

Best regards,
    Barrister Emmanuel Chrelsta.(SAN)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been laying low for a long time but I think I'm going to take the bait on this one!! Scam artists, here I come! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif

Daventry Farms
    www.daventryfarms.com

Daventry Web Productions

[This message was edited by Daventry on Feb. 28, 2004 at 09:21 AM.]
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI pony stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso

Yes, yes, yes!!!! Do it!!!

"Both rider and horse must enjoy the work. This is the essence of success" - Reiner Klimke
    My Mustang Adventures - Mac, my mustang | Annwylid D'Lite - my Cob filly

"A horse's face always conveys clearly whether it is loved by its owner or simply used." - Anja Beran

Look for someone coughing from all the dust. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif

No kidding, I received a very similar email about 10 years ago. I remember which e account it was sent to and that was an account I had open from '94 to about mid '95 - rocketmail, anybody remember that one? I guess they're hoping that the people that were on the net that long ago (me!) are all in old age homes now. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif

Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.

Emmanuel,

Thank-you for contacting me! I'm so sad to hear that one of my extended relatives succumbed to a tragic car accident. And to hear that the entire family died is just devastating to me. Hopefully, the family did not suffer.

It's very interested to hear that Garry Dopko was employed as a Secret Agent as I've always had dreams of entering the FBI or Forensic Science. I supposed it runs in our blood.

I'm surprised that I would be Garry's next of kin?!? Although there aren't many Dopko's out there, I would think my father, Mr. Ralph Dopko, would be next in line before me but...for $20 million dollars, I'm willing to keep this CONFIDENTIAL, like you asked.

The only concern that I have is the percentage that you are going to be taking. If the $20 million dollars was left as an inheritance, how does the percentage work out to you getting 70% of the funds? I would think 30% of the funds going to you would be more than adequate.

Please let me know what needs to be done to get the funds transferred over as I'm definitely glad to help.

Sincerely,
    Tracy Dopko
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops! This isn't horse related is it? http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...ilies/sigh.gif

What if...I plan on buying a new horse with the money. Does that make it horse related? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif

Daventry Farms
    www.daventryfarms.com

Daventry Web Productions

You can tell it's been a long boring winter when......

Perhaps, to keep this horse related, you could name your next foal "Scam Artist"!

Also, it seems to happen a lot to horse people. I've asked some friends of mine who are'nt horse people (Yes, they exist.) if they get these e-mails, and they were all quite intrigued. They've never gotten one!

less hard work, more fine dining.
    www.dancinglawnhorses.com updated Dec. 29/03

If guys can do it, how hard can it be?

LESS HARD WORK, MORE FINE DINING!™
    complicate, obfuscate, prevaricate.

Wholly COW!!!!!! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...s/icon_eek.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...s/icon_eek.gif http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...s/icon_eek.gif

That is just horrendous, hideous, terrible... I can't think of enough bad things to say!!

What are you , like, a TARGET for these lowlifes?? http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif
    Or maybe their market research? Let's run it by Tracey, if she falls for it, we know we have a good one... http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif

sittin on the dock of the bay...

Hey...Tracy Dopko! http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif Will you post the e-mails on your website like you did with the Lanre scam? Then, we can just go look at the website if this thread gets closed.

Go get 'em!

"If you don't want people to get your goat, stop telling them where you keep it."
    \"So shines a good deed in a weary world\" - Willy Wonka

Honest to God, we get at least one Nigerian scam email a week...MINIMUM. With over 100 hits a day on our site and with it being heavily advertised on the net, it's the only explanation I can come up with as to why we keep getting them.

I just keep deleting them but I've been waiting for another good one to come along. Like Onyx said, this one in particular is pretty horrible!

I'll post the emails on my website again at www.daventryfarms.com/scam.html

Daventry Farms
    www.daventryfarms.com

Daventry Web Productions

This scam has been going on for a long time. I have actually received this email on my business email as well as in a fax form.

There must be a real run on these lately, as I've had 2-5 a night offering me MILLIONS for my assistance.....http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif Always a diplomat, king, or something of the sort!

I just delete them though...don't have the patience to play this out....http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

www.draygonfynedesign.ca

I got a good one http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...n_rolleyes.gif

Well, I got a unique one.

MIC Abidjan Cote'Ivoire

RE: Assistance to supply a vaccine,

I write to solicit your assistance and support to enable me execute a very lucrative and high profiting business transaction. I am very confidence that with trust and understanding, we can be able to execute this business to our mutual benefit and believe that you will not let down the trust and confidence I am willing to repose in you. I work for an Ivorien based public international firm (MIC), I work as the Liaison officer. Between the 17th -19th of may, 2001 a business seminar was held in Bouake, Cote d´Ivoire of which I attended. While in the Seminar, I was opportune to meet Alhaji Bakari A. Ouattara, the President of BAKALI FARMS ETS. Alhaji Ouattara is an accomplished and widely known and recognised millionaire farmer in this part of the region. He has farms in different countries of West Africa. But above all, he is one of the greatest supplier of cattle, beef and other diary products in this part of the West Coast.

On knowing my profession, Alhaji Ouattara took me into confidence by informing me about the purchase of a particular but very important medicine for his cattle. He informed me that he buys this product at $4,000.00 USD per carton, and that he mostly buys to the excess of 500 cartons. He informed me that he was only asking me to find out if my organisation could source for a cheaper supplier considering the recent trend of falls in the general price of beef in the world market which is affecting his business. Back in my office, I discussed this proposal with my boss and he decided to handle the supply by himself, We carried out a market research and discovered that we could purchase these medicine somewhere cheaper in Europe for $2,300.00 USD per carton .

We moved proposal to BAKALI FARMS to make the supply to them at$3,800.00 USD per carton of which he accepted. Owing to my role in the transaction, I had an agreement with my director to be receiving 25%of whatever gain is made on each supply of which he agreed. But on the completion of the supply and the receipt of the payment, my boss changed on our agreement and refused to give me my share of the profit. Since then our relationship has been at its lowest ebb. I have since accepted it as one of life experiences.

However, as God would have it, recently, I intercepted a letter of request from Alhaji Ouattara asking my boss to supply him with 500 cartons of the same product before the end of March, this year. I seized the letter and this letter will never get to my boss. I personally contacted Alhaji Ouattara and informed him that I can introduce him to the producer who is ready to supply him the product at $3,400.00 USD if he will pay in advance as he usually do. He was very pleased and is right now waiting to be contacted by my partner. We will buy the medicine at $2,300.00 USD from Europe and sell at $3,400.00USD to BAKALI FARMS with him first paying 50% of our quoted price in advance. I will be entitled to 35% of whatever profit we make.

If you are capable of handling this supply with me, kindly get back to me urgently through email for us to negotiate on how to handle the business
    Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.

Yours sincerely,

Mr Antoine Bamba
    antoine.bamba@libero.it

I wrote him back and said I don't do drugs, or at least drugs for cattle. I got this snippy response back:

Dear,

thank you for email. Listen, you really do not understand me. i want you to act as my foreign contact to be able to acheive my aim. You need not be a producer to do this. all the steps to follow will be intiated by me but I need a foriegn contact to represent the procuding company. in a short not, you will act like a producer while in the actual sense you will do the work of a supply.

Please go through my mail carefully and get back to me

Antoine

I told him it didn't sound like an honest proposition and I've never heard back.

Oooooooohhhhhhhhh.......... kings! Or royalty.......how impressive.

I envision them looking like Eddie Murphy in Coming to America.

http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of his devotion."
    Author Unknown....
    [i]\"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be wo

If you ever get a phone call inquiring on a horse through "Sprint Relay" (done as a relay call like the deaf and hard of hearing use) get all the info you can and contact the FBI.

I am a relay operator and it kills me that I can't tell these people that they're being screwed royally.

Laura
    Laura

I've been getting a lot of them lately, too. some of them want to "buy" a horse or pony, some of them are offering mega-bucks to help them recover multi-millions. Some of them claim that I am a long-lost relative, and am heir to multi-millions. (MY childhood dreams come true).

less hard work, more fine dining.
    www.dancinglawnhorses.com updated Dec. 29/03

If guys can do it, how hard can it be?

LESS HARD WORK, MORE FINE DINING!™
    complicate, obfuscate, prevaricate.

A "millionaire farmer"

I wanna grow me a millionaire

What happens when the crop fails, does it only produce pauper farmers.

As much as these schemes are talked about, there are STILL people who do not know about them. Seems every month someone trying to sell a horse or tack or a trailer asks about this scheme. http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/no.gif

_\\]
    -- * &gt; hoopoe
    The ancient Greeks did not write obituaries. They only wanted to know if you had a passion.

[This message was edited by hoopoe on Feb. 06, 2004 at 09:44 PM.]
    _\\\\]
    -- * > hoopoe

www.meanderingwa.blogspot.com

Things have been pretty dull in NC lately. This should be a fine source of entertainment for a while. Don't the scam artists know not to mess with you by now??? Go get 'em Daventry!!! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif

I advertised some horses for sale on a local website (how's that for horse related?) with an email address I use only for this purpose. That site posts the advertisers email right in the ad. This was about 6 months ago, and to this day I am getting up to 5 emails just like this one Daventry got EVERY SINGLE DAY. Amazing. Does *anyone* fall for this crap? You have to wonder why the scammers even bother...

I know it, people still fall for it, it's sad. I work at a bank, and just three days ago, someone deposited a $99,000.00 check from a Nigerian scam... And this was a young guy in his 30's! Where are people's heads???

&gt;^.,.^&lt;

www.imom.org
    501(c)3 all volunteer organization that helps those who cannot pay for veterinary care for their pets.
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?