The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Talking Help out Lincoln, my XL horse!

Big Linc is currently in second place and needs your help! Smartpak is running a contest on facebook to win an XL Amigo turnout blanket. I posted my best "Lincoln is enormous" picture here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0745712&type=1 Look for the picture of the chestnut/white drafty paint horse nose to nose with the chestnut pony. "Like" the picture to vote.

ETA: I think this link will take you directly to the picture: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...3&l=c9473071f8

Disclaimers:
    1. I'm shameless.
    2. I see at least one other COTH eventer and a COTH jumper entered
    3. Lincoln currently wears a bright purple turnout blanket. He looks like a purple people eater. The other horses laugh at him. Plus it's ripped.
    4. Cross posted from the eventing forum.

Thanks COTH!
    Last edited by Duckz; Oct. 18, 2011 at 07:31 PM. Reason: add link

The link didn't work for me.
    "Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care." ~Jimmy Buffett

I just went to SmartPak's facebook page, and it was right on the wall.

Oh, hmm.. try this one? http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0745712&type=1

I'm up to 90 likes! The leader has 120 but I'm catching up!

Default Vote for Lincoln

As a friend of Duckz, I must agree that using COTH to get more "likes" is indeed shameless

I hope Lincoln wins the blanket. He's an enormous draft-cross who is a confirmed training level eventer. Also, he carts feeble adult hunter riders, including myself and Duckz's mom, around cross country courses sometimes. He's basically a real stud of a horse. However, he his current blanket is a tattered purple one. It's cramping his style and messing up his image. You can help.

Please "like" Lincoln's photo on Smartpak's Facebook page. He is the giant chestnut and white paint standing next to a pony.
    http://www.hunterjumperconnection.com/hjc-blog.html

A blog featuring the musings of a semi-neurotic adult amateur rider on riding, training, showing, life.

Default Lincoln the rock eater ????

Is this the Lincoln who had a BUCKET of rocks removed from his belly during colic surgery ? If so, I'm a huge fan, have actually judged him at a few shows and always yell " Go Lincoln " when he runs by at horse trials. I'll go ahead and cast my vote, good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by baldfaceboyz View Post
    Is this the Lincoln who had a BUCKET of rocks removed from his belly during colic surgery ? If so, I'm a huge fan, have actually judged him at a few shows and always yell " Go Lincoln " when he runs by at horse trials. I'll go ahead and cast my vote, good luck !
    YES!! That's him! They pulled 50 lbs of rocks out of him back in 2008, about eight months after I got him. He's kind of a miracle horse

Thank you!

50 lbs of rocks!?!?!? What the heck was up with that? I'd say he's kind of a miracle boy.

I've liked your entry, now please tell me when you win you will get a color other than purple? Thx!
    If you believe everything you read, better not read. -- Japanese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    I've liked your entry, now please tell me when you win you will get a color other than purple? Thx!
    Of course!!! I think he'd look sharp in black, or maybe navy?

Hey now...wassa matter with purple? In the spirit of the Purple People Eater and Halloween, my two 16:3 guys are both sporting their (obnoxious, yes I know) purple plaid Pessoa sheets! Besides, anything's better than pink camouflage...

Quote Originally Posted by T-storm chick View Post
    Hey now...wassa matter with purple? In the spirit of the Purple People Eater and Halloween, my two 16:3 guys are both sporting their (obnoxious, yes I know) purple plaid Pessoa sheets! Besides, anything's better than pink camouflage...
    Well as long as it's plaid it's classy

It's a close race for the most likes! Lincoln is catching up to the current leader

done!
    Michael: Seems the people who burned me want me for a job.
    Sam: A job? Does it pay?
    Michael: Nah, it's more of a "we'll kill you if you don't do it" type of thing.
    Sam: Oh. I've never liked those.

Team Lincoln is incredible! Thank you so much for the support! It looks like he's going to come in second to a belgian that was posted by a rescue, but we'll see. 40 minutes left