The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kryswyn View Post
    I am so very sad for you. If it helps, remember that dogs have no concept or expectation of 'tomorrow' or the 'future'. They live totally in the moment. So when your dog no longer greets the sunrise with enthusiasm, know that the time has come. He will not hate you for 'cheating' him of a few more pain filled days. He just wants to be with you. As long as you are there, all is right with his world.
    like.

I'm so sorry. Jingles for you both.

Im so sorry to hear Stage 4 is not something treatable anyway, so you have made a very wise,educated decision. Your pup is lucky to have an ownerlike you.

Hi
    THANK YOU...so much for the well wishes.....they were very much needed. I can't believe how fast he is declining .It's like I can see him lose weight every day. I feed him whatever he'll eat . So that is making him very happy that he gets the yummy things that mommy is eating.....lol....
    Thank you again

I'm so incredibly sorry. I think any of us who have loved a dog know that punched in the gut feeling all too well. Hold him tight, tell him how much you love him and realize what a lucky dog he is to have you to love him so much right to the end. It absolutely sucks no matter how much time we have to "prepare" ourselves. Huge hugs to you.

Condolences spook1.

Right now my 18 year old kitty is in my lap - she is in final stages of renal failure, with a heart murmur, deaf plus arthritis. She is on meds and diet for the renal failure but gets a few yummies from what we eat.
    When the time comes, the vet will come to the farm. I will bury her next to her sister who was PTS in April, renal failure also.
    Enjoy and treasure each day. He is lucky to have you for a mom.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Hi All,
    Last night when I came home my CHI dog was in such a bad way. He was waiting at the door...wagged his little nub of a tail ad fall. His little belly was so extended and he was having so much trouble breathing. Needless to say we made a mad rush to the vet at 7 and decided to due a xray case in case there was one last thing when could do. The cancer had exploded in his little body his spline was 4 times enlarged and lungs were fluid filled. I knew it was time........So we said goodbye. I carried him home and we buried him.

Like the rest of you love your pets I am crushed. tried to go to work but had to leave I was crying uncontrollably.

Thank you all so much for the info and supportive thoughts

I'm so sorry for your loss. Lots of jingles for you!

I'm so sorry. Godspeed little CHI dog.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Spook1, I am so sorry. I am going through it too, right now, having said goodbye to the very best dog I have ever known in my lifetime on Friday. The pain and sadness are nearly unbearable. Please know that you are not alone
    "Living is easy with eyes closed. Misunderstanding all you see." from the gospel of John and Paul.

I'm sad to see this and so sorry for your loss. Godspeed little guy.
    *Wendy* 4.17.73 - 12.20.05

I'm so sorry, we do the best we can for them and the time we have with them is never long enough.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Death always seems to come too soon for our pets.

Big hugs and Kleenex and nose spray and cucumber slices for your eyes-you must be froggy by now. Its a horrible thing to go through, as the waves of grief roll over you. You were right to allow yourself to grieve, and please take as long as you need, until you are all cried out. For a little while.

Godspeed, little Chi.

Quote Originally Posted by lovey1121 View Post
    Big hugs and Kleenex and nose spray and cucumber slices for your eyes-you must be froggy by now. Its a horrible thing to go through, as the waves of grief roll over you. You were right to allow yourself to grieve, and please take as long as you need, until you are all cried out. For a little while.

Godspeed, little Chi.
    Thank you all so much!!!!! I have cried so much my eyes are swollen and black and yes my head is foggy. He was so much a part of my life.....he followed me every where...to the potty,the shower,while I washed dishes,in my chair while on the pc,on the couch when we napped,in the bed snuggled up to my belly and I miss his CHI dog huggs he always gave me....

I'm so sorry. This stuff always sucks.

Deeply sorry for your loss. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}
    www.brydellefarm.com ....developing riders, NOT passengers!
    Member of LNHorsemanshipT & Proud of It Clique
    "What gets me up every morning is realizing how much more there is still to learn." -GHM

I am soooo sorry for your loss. You've got me crying. Someone should invent a dog that lives for ever! Remember the good times.
    www.crosscreeksporthorses.com
    Breeders of Painted Thoroughbreds and Uniquely Painted Irish Sport Horses in Northeast Oklahoma

I'm so sorry for your loss <hugs>
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn’t merely train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming part dog."
    -Edward Hoagland

Sorry to hear about this - he knew you loved him to the end . {{hugs}}