The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default TB Mare Pedigree

I know... another one.

But I'm seeing lots of names that I like in this - any thoughts from anyone else?

Love You
    -Jessica

This is another case of a very good mare side of the pedigree. The mare David's Tobin is wonderful...great British and French Sport breeding all the way to Bronze on the bottom line. Erin's Isle is also exactly what you want to see. with Busted, Shantung and Tamerlane. He goes back to Bronze as well. City Fortress is Petingo, Sovereign Path to Grey Sovereign, Vieux Manoir, and the dam line to the Buzzard Daughter. These dam lines are great. Rousillion is as good. Never Bend with his Nasrullah, Djebel, and Bimelech, with Riverman's dam out of a Prince John daughter from Roman and Teddy. Marshua's Dancer a fine sport son of Raise a Dancer.

The sire side is not as good but it has some honest traditional horses found in many sport pedigrees and Kelly Kip is a very nice looking sport type though a sprinter in race record. He held together for a nice long career. Chalk Lullah does go to Marguerite and a Herod daughter...but lots of Nativer Dancer. The John's Gold is good stuff. From an excellent Bold Bidder to Buckpasser and Turn-to. I don't know what to expect from the doubled up Intentionally, but it does double up War Relic with it. Plum Ten is Intentiaonally through Tentam. Tim Tam is good useful Bull Dog, and the mare side is Tudor Minstrel. Misty Day and First Landing are useful as well. Topped with Valid Appeal who would be the weakest in this pedigree but all in all not bad. PatO