The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Trash the dress - dressage style

My year anniversary is coming up (on Halloween, to be exact) and I FINALLY got some long-awaited "trash the dress" pics with my mare. Granted, I didn't do too much actual trashing ...Much credit to the mare for being on her best behavior (that doesn't take much) and to the ladies from my barn who helped make it happen (all credit to Michelle for donating her time for the professional pics!).

Not too shabby for a 21 year old (the mare, that is)...
    http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk255/JenNor18/3.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk255/JenNor18/1.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk255/JenNor18/2.jpg
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

A Voice Halted

Awww, such cute photos! I truthfully didn't know what you meant by"trash the dress"- now I get it! Green slobber,anyone?
    Maresie looks regal and condescendingly accommodating. You look like a person I'd like to split a bottle of wine with

Great photos. Imagine your descendants in 50 yrs. stumbling upon these in a musty old trunk...."so GrandAuntGreyStreet actually married her horse?"

Happy Anniversary.

Beautiful photographs. It is hard to pick a favorite.

absolutely stunning!!!!

Love that third one! I do love black and white pics too. But all are great. Looks like a fun photo session and congrats!

P.

Love that third one! I do love black and white pics too. But all are great. Looks like a fun photo session and congrats!

P.

IN HINDSIGHT: After a short marriage to a bad match, and getting myself a new horse to celebrate the separation, Should have done this w/ THAT wedding dress; would have been more fun than just donating it!

Condescendingly accommodating ...Well, I can't speak for the mare, but while I love pictures, I hate actually being IN them...I'm not the best subject to capture! I have only so much picture-posing threshold...have a feeling the mare feels similarly.

Considering she wanted to run away with me last night, I also get the feeling this 21 year old is feeling quite full of herself, and I love that you can see some of her "presence" in the pictures.

I never got that "galloping bareback through the fields on my wild pony" childhood, so this is the closest I'll come to those dreams little girls have of their horses .

A Voice Halted

You two look fantastic, as always

Rhiannon, you would have laughed had you seen me have to mount in my wedding dress, from an electric box in the middle of the paddock, and then precariously wobble over into a sidesaddle position...then hope and pray she stayed still enough for a few pictures before I ended up sliding off...by some miracle everyone survived...

A Voice Halted

You and your horse are both just lovely! Happy anniversary.
    Don't wrassle with a hog. You just get dirty, and the hog likes it.

Collecting Thoroughbreds - tales of a re-rider and some TBs

Really lovely. I especially like the black and white photos.

Happy Anniversary.
    www.ctannerjensen.com
    http://ctannerjensen.blogspot.com/
    Equine Art capturing the essence of the grace,strength, and beauty of the Sport Horse."

I love it! My wedding is in July and i've already booked my post wedding trash the dress horsie/dressage shoot Your pictures came out great i'm going to show them to my photographer for inspiration

I love them! What a fabulous idea. They are all lovely, but the third is spectacular

Quote Originally Posted by GreyStreet View Post
    Rhiannon, you would have laughed had you seen me have to mount in my wedding dress, from an electric box in the middle of the paddock, and then precariously wobble over into a sidesaddle position...then hope and pray she stayed still enough for a few pictures before I ended up sliding off...by some miracle everyone survived...
    Shoot, when I saw that picture, my first thought was "How did she manage to get up there?" because I can hardly get on Stash bareback without making a complete fool of myself when I'm in regular riding clothes...

That looks like a ton of fun!! Love the third pic you two look beautiful

I agree great pictures she does not look 21!
    When I got married in 1987 I actually went to the field and had pictures taken with the horses. Mine of course would not come near me but my best friends gelding came right up and tried to eat my bouquet! I don't hae the husband any more but still love the photo of me and the big red gelding

Default I "Trashed" mine too

GreyStreet, your pics are gorgeous! I'm so jealous that you have one of you on your mare! I was not brave enough, I know my gelding would have put me in the dirt, but that would have made a great pic I'm sure, LOL. But I THOROUGHLY Trashed my dress:-) My horse and I had so much fun during our shoot
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pictureperfectofeasley/5663178735/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pictureperfectofeasley/5663711048/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pictureperfectofeasley/5661486370/in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pictureperfectofeasley/5663624844/in/photostream/
    (notice the slobber on the dress:-)

That jumping picture is so lovely!
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

GreySteet and L-is-M...

What beautiful pics !

very jealous
    Mufffie

~Dressage, my discipline of choice~