The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Congrats to CDN breeder W. Charlot Farms! 2 Dressage horses at the Pan-Am's

A big congrats to fellow Canadian breeder Augustin and Christine Walch! Their jumper bred stallion Viva Voltaire (Voltaire/Grannus/Argentinus) sired TWO dressage horses who successfully competed in the Team Competition yesterday at the 2011 Pan-Am Games.

Their own Viva's Salieri W (Viva Voltaire x Salinja (Salieri)) led the Canadian team to a Silver Medal and a Olympic bearth with Tom Dvorak finishing a solid 5th with 71.711%

And Viva's Veroveraar (Viva Voltaire x Slim Sadie (A Fine Romance)) was the second highest placed Guatemalan horse with Canada based Ester Mortimer finshing 28 out of 47 with 64.079%

Photos of all can be seen here: http://www.charlotfarm.com/2008%20Viva.htm

Finges crossed for Viva's Salieri W (Socks) in the Individual today!!!

That is quite an accomplishment, especially considering Viva Voltaire is a jumper bred stallion!

Congrats to his people! And, to Fred too

Yes, Viva's Salieri is jumper bred - but has also produced quite a few good dressage horses. His mare-daughters usually do well in the undersaddle portion of their MPTs. Versatile, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Emy View Post
    A big congrats to fellow Canadian breeder Augustin and Christine Walch! Their jumper bred stallion Viva Voltaire (Voltaire/Grannus/Argentinus) sired TWO dressage horses who successfully competed in the Team Competition yesterday at the 2011 Pan-Am Games.

Their own Viva's Salieri W (Viva Voltaire x Salinja (Salieri)) led the Canadian team to a Silver Medal and a Olympic bearth with Tom Dvorak finishing a solid 5th with 71.711%

And Viva's Veroveraar (Viva Voltaire x Slim Sadie (A Fine Romance)) was the second highest placed Guatemalan horse with Canada based Ester Mortimer finshing 28 out of 47 with 64.079%

Photos of all can be seen here: http://www.charlotfarm.com/2008%20Viva.htm

Finges crossed for Viva's Salieri W (Socks) in the Individual today!!!
    Congrats to both Canadian Breeders for putting the quality out there!!!!

And it is a testimony to the idea that the right jumper’s blood is an important aspect to the UL dressage horse.

Christine always said that Viva Voltaire was their best keep stallion secret. Guess he won't be a secret any longer. And big congrats to Fred as well! (G)O Canada!!
    "There are no one-night stands with a dog. Once you let your pet into your bed, it's hard to get him out."
    Diana Delmar

Big congratulations to the W. Charlot Farms, and Fred too, and the riders for riding Canadian bred horses!!
    Anne
    -------
    "Where knowledge ends violence begins." B. Ljundquist

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by not again View Post
    Big congratulations to the W. Charlot Farms, and Fred too, and the riders for riding Canadian bred horses!!
    Thank you!
    I am thrilled and very proud to have an A Fine Romance grand-baby competing in the PanAms - in dressage!
    Congratulations to W.Charlot Farms and all the horses' connections.
    "Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet" Maya Angelou

Big Congrats!
    HiddenAcresFarm.Net
    Imported from Germany, Assembled in Michigan
    Rare damline of 7 direct generations of Elite/States Premium Mares.

Congratulations!

Great accomplishment! Kudos to W. Charlot Farms and to Viva Voltaire!

And to Fred!

Fingers crossed for them on Wednesday for the Individual Freestyle! Viva's Salieri is within range of a individual medal after a 73.079% in the Individual I1 yesterday! Socks is a credit to the NA breeding program and the Young Horse Program. For those who say the FEI Young Horse Program does not produce Upper Level horses, here is Socks 5 years ago winning the FEI 5 Year Old Division at Dressage at Devon: http://www.horsesdaily.com/news/dres...eri-cobra.html

Congrats to Christine, Augstin and Fred. I have a Viva baby (2005) who is winning in both the hunter and dressage ring and at horse trials. He has a fantastic jump and is a beautiful mover with an incredible potential for collection. And he is a really sweet horse, which is something Christine says comes from Viva. Good luck to Tom in the Freestyle.

Default Congratulations to all!

Congratulations to Canada for breeding great Horses! I believe I have found a dream date for my AFR mare!

Quote Originally Posted by Renascence View Post
    Congratulations to Canada for breeding great Horses! I believe I have found a dream date for my AFR mare!
    This sounds like a very good idea to me, Renascence.
    My understanding is that Viva's Veroveraar (out of the A Fine Romance daughter) also competed in the hunter and or jumper ring, before switching to dressage.
    So, with your beautiful and athletic mare, I think you would continue to have a choice of disciplines.
    Last edited by Fred; Oct. 21, 2011 at 06:56 AM.
    "Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world, but has not solved one yet" Maya Angelou

Just a clarification, the owner/breeder of Viva's Veroveraar is Hilary Chambers (also of Ontario). Huge congratulations to her.

Congrats!!!
    Kendra -- Runningwater Warmbloods
    SPS Diorella (Donnerhall/ Akut) and EM Raleska (Rascalino/ Warkant)
    'Like' us on Facebook

Let's congratulate all the North American breeders who had horses in the Pan Am Games.
    That includes Suzanne Quarles and Some Day Soon Farm, who bred Canadian team horse, Lymrix (formerly known as Leopold Q).
    Lymrix is a Hanoverian by the Some Day Soon Farm stallion Loerke (Lauries Crusador/Weltmeyer), out of Felicitous, who was by Wertherson, who also stood at the farm.
    www.somedaysoonfarm.com