The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Boarding Needed? MI

Hi, I know I've asked before, but this time I really need to get off my A$$.

The final straw was, I went trail riding with a close good friend, and she commented my horse(an air fern easy keeper) has never been that thin before!

Now here is all I need; no indoor arena necessary, just outside to ride with a little room, being fed by somewhat knowedgeable people who don't mind feeding extra hay if needed, supervision, and close proximity to South Lansing, mi. Pasture board is ideal. Oh and all of the horses on said farm should not have ribs and hips bones sticking out.

Sorry to be kind of p$$y, but enough is enough. I've have tried talking to the BO and met by bad vibes and suggestions of having teeth done, when her horses and mine were done RECENTLY! Sidebar: at my own barn he never looked like he does except when he was a long yearling.(growth spurt).

Please help, I am willing to travel some and don't need a "real" boarding stable, I am flexible, can provide various references and am quite low key.

Thanks in advance!
    Strange how much you've got to know Before you know how little you know. Anonymous

Michigan is a big place, so an area local to you would help with suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by goodhors View Post
    Michigan is a big place, so an area local to you would help with suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfArabian View Post
    Now here is all I need; no indoor arena necessary, just outside to ride with a little room, being fed by somewhat knowedgeable people who don't mind feeding extra hay if needed, supervision, and close proximity to South Lansing, mi. Pasture board is ideal.
    I think that (bolding is mine) is a fairly specific area.

OP, if you were closer to Detroit, I'd recommend my (pasture board only) barn, but it'd probably be an hour and a half+/80 miles one way for you, and I don't know of anything out that way anymore, I've been gone from the mid-MI area so long Sorry about that, but I'll be thinking good thoughts for you to get your boy where he needs to be! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ohrebecca View Post
    OP, if you were closer to Detroit, I'd recommend my (pasture board only) barn
    Can you PM me the info, and any other info you might have in that area? Our rescue may be needing to find a place for one of our adopted horses in a hurry in the Detroit area - and our shipper isn't heading that way for awhile. Inside knowledge of good places to go would be nice! She just needs a soft spot to land until we can place her or get her back to Iowa.
    If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
    ~ Maya Angelou

Prefer near Mason, but will consider a little farther.
    Strange how much you've got to know Before you know how little you know. Anonymous