The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Thoughts on Farriers Fix Hoof Oil?

I picked this product up at my local feed store, it was around what I would spend on hooflex and I had heard rumors that this product is supposedly some sort of hoof miracle. It smells great, I like the all natural ingredients. I'm in CT and with the ever changing turnout going from incredibly dry in the summer to our current mud season I want something to balance the hooves.

I used it as advised for about a month, not really noticing a huge change either way but my horse that I've had for almost 3 years and never threw a shoe threw the same one twice. Once in turnout he loosened it tremendously and I was lucky that our farrier was at the barn that day. The next time he threw it during a flat class. I do the eq and my horse is not a mover to be writing home about, he never tracks all the way up when trotting. The only change I could figure was the farriers fix. I stopped using it for about 2 months and I'm giving it a try again and riding my horse is bell boots every ride. Still not seeing much change.

Anyone else use this? Have any positive or negative experiences?

I use it on both my boys and love it. I have been using it for a little over a year now.

My trainer is going to start using it on her guys now since my 2 do well with it.

Great Stuff! Works wonderfully for horses that are a little tender footed and those whose feet are just a little soft or thin. And it's so much easier to use than the regular Venice Turpentine.

Be sure to shake it!!!