The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default FTGH 13 yr old OTTB in TN

Home needed for 13 yr old 16h OTTB gelding. Chestnut with white – he is a handsome fellow who is just not a match for me or my husband. He raced till he was about 7 we bought him at 8 – and since we’ve had him he honestly has not had much work – only inconsistent light w/t work and at this point hasn’t been ridden or anything in over a year. I hopped him over a few x rails when we first got him but I’ve never even cantered him under saddle. He can be very pushy on the ground – he has my number and runs all over me but is much better for my husband. I really think he could be a nice horse for someone that had the time to really work with him – he is a gentleman when he is worked consistently - at one point I even gave a few w/t lessons on him. He seems sound – he is a little footsore right now because he is barefoot and the ground has been hard. Most likely has ulcers from his racing days but they are easily controlled. As I said he is a bit footsore right now – but actually has pretty good fast growing feet for a TB and does fine barefoot if not in work. Typical thin skinned TB – loves his stall hates bugs. Very in your pocket personality – has to have his nose in everything.

I really really adore this guy but we’ve started doing more trail riding and western so he really needs a home with his own person – I feel terribly guilty seeing him just standing around. I honestly should have found him a home 3 years ago – but I kept thinking I would find time to really get him going and keep him that way and I let my pride get in the way of what is best for him.

Please just message me with any questions and I can email some pics. I really want this guy to find the perfect home so I’ll tell you the good bad and ugly about him – I don’t want there to be any surprises. We will require vet and at least one other reference – I don’t expect him to go to the Ritz but I want to know he’ll be well taken care of.

This is no – will be taken to auction ad – he’s been with us for 5 years and if I can’t find him a good home he’ll stay right where he is until I do. I just feel that I owe it to him to try to find his match.

Thanks

http://s1123.photobucket.com/albums/...arm05/Seymour/

Hopefully this link works.............

bump for the cutie
    Tu deviens responsable pour toujours de ce que tu as apprivoisé.
    You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed
    Le Petit Prince