The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Shoppers! Help me find a men's Hunt coat! 44L

I'm looking for a new or used Hunt coat for my fiance to wear to Opening hunt next weekend, 10/16/11. We measured him at a 42" chest but went to the local dover store and tried on a show coat that was 42 and it was too tight through the shoulders and short through the sleeves. So I *think* we need a 44L for him.

So far I've been striking out trying to find a reasonable used one online or at any of the local shops. (Denver, Colorado area) The cheapest thing I've found so far is the Ovation Melton Hunt coat at Equestrian Collections for $191 with shipping, but will be even more with expedited shipping. http://www.equestriancollections.com...gn=1BY-013-09S

Does anyone know of any used foxhunting shops or other websites I can look at?

Thanks!

Try ebay.co.uk

Thanks, but I don't think I could get something shipped from the UK in 5 days! Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Ride4Life View Post
    Thanks, but I don't think I could get something shipped from the UK in 5 days! Any other suggestions?
    Royal Mail Airsure: 4-6 days worldwide

go to horseloverz.com:

http://www.horseloverz.com/Ovation-M...pr-281741.html

They appear to have a 44 long in stock. I got my hunt coat from them and had to exchange it for a different size at the last minute. They rushed me the new one at no extra charge and took back the too small one with no problems. They were great and fast!

Not to mention it's only $169.

Midweight Melton
    http://www.horse-rider-etc.com/merch...gory_Code=MFHF
    I really like to support this shop as she carries some hard to find items reasonably.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinderella View Post
    go to horseloverz.com:

http://www.horseloverz.com/Ovation-M...pr-281741.html

They appear to have a 44 long in stock. I got my hunt coat from them and had to exchange it for a different size at the last minute. They rushed me the new one at no extra charge and took back the too small one with no problems. They were great and fast!

Not to mention it's only $169.
    Thanks everyone, SO much! I ended up calling Horseloverz this morning and ordering the Ovation Melton from them. They had it in stock, the lady put me on hold to verify that it was indeed there and she was going to walk it over to shipping so it could go out in the first shipment. Can't beat the price and they can have it to me by Friday!

Yay! Hopefully it will all come together for the fiance's first foxhunt ever this Sunday at Bijou Spring's. He did really well exercising the hounds a few weeks ago and had a blast at the pair pace last Sunday. Fingers crossed that dear sainted dressage mare and he will have a great first hunt together!

We must have the after-hunt report!

Well we got the coat last Friday as promised from Horseloverz and it does fit, although he may need a little alteration to take in the 44L a bit in the waist.

The hunt was great- gorgeous fall Colorado day in the 60's with a bit of wind. I did feel horrible as on the only bit of a canter that we did he and his horse came to a big yucca clump and she zigged, he zagged. Poor guy rolled right off her shoulder. (After all that practice he put in too - Damn!) But thank god he was fine, the mare only trotted off a little ways and then stood to be caught and was great for him the rest of the ride. He wasn't hurt at all as he rolled at landing.

He was a great sport about everything and had a great time afterwards at the Hunt breakfast so hopefully he'll go again. But I'm not sure because he did have kind of a double crap day. After all that we got home and my horse stomped on his foot while unloading from the trailer. Just a freak bad misstep but I'm not sure his toenail is going to make it!

I'll have to post some pics when I get them!

Default just rec'd this notice

For sale:

1. 3-Button black heavyweight melton frock coat with tattersall lining. size 44L. Used twice, has colors on the collar which will be removed. $295.
    2. New, custom-made in England, taupe bedford cord breeches. Perfect for cold winter hunting! Slight flare to the thigh area, and proper buttons at the knee. size mens 36L or ladies sz 14/16 tall. Front zipper, so can be worn by either a man or a lady. $175
    3. Vintage lightweight Army Mens 42L Khaki flared breeches. NEW with TAGS. Great condition, a few tiny smudges on them from sitting on a shelf, which should come out when washed. Flared thighs, buttons at knee. $95
    4. Ladies 30R Brittany canary breeches. New Without Tags. EXCELLENT condition. $75
    5. NEW with TAGS sz 36L Tailored Sportsman two-way stretch canary breeches. Front zipper. Can be worn by either a man or a lady. $100
    6. Older, but NEVER USED, Mens Hunt flask with lined leather case and pewter flask -- much more durable for real use while hunting than a crystal flask! They sell new at Horse Country for over $600. A bargain at $295..
    7. 17.5" Crosby Prix des Nations saddle with long flaps. In good condition. There was a tear on the twist, so Journeyman saddlers put a patch on it (cannot be seen when riding). $275 obo
    8. 17" Crosby Prix des Nations saddle in the upgraded smooth leather. In good condition, has a small worn area on the seat (see photos). It has been that way for many years, and has not gotten larger. $225

More items will be added early next week, including many pairs of vintage flared breeches in various colors and sizes, ladies show coats, two pairs of brown field boots, etc (I lost a lot of weight and many apparel items are just too big now). The album for pictures of the items is http://pets.webshots.com/album/581647302WalnwR?start=0. Prices do not include shipping/insurance. Paypal accepted.

Please email me directly at dlz113@juno.com if interested.

Devon

Cherry Blossom Farm
    Middleburg, VA
    Specializing in Show & Field Hunters
    http://www.cherryblossomfarm.net

Airtime, you can post that you have items for sale and suggest that people PM you for information, but if you're really creating a sale listing, it should go in the classified section

Quote Originally Posted by Hinderella View Post
    Airtime, you can post that you have items for sale and suggest that people PM you for information, but if you're really creating a sale listing, it should go in the classified section
    Hinderella, that listing of items was from a posting *I* sent out on FOL yesterday, and just saw that Airtime posted on here. Mods, please feel free to delete the list of items, as I just saw this (I am in Europe at the moment), and it was not my intention to try to get a free classifieds listing on COTH.
    Cherry Blossom Farm - Show & Field Hunters, Side Saddles

Default Men's hunt coats on Tack of the Day today

-Painted Wings

Set youself apart from the crowd, ride a paint horse, you're sure to be spotted

I have the coat the is on TOTD today (bought it from them last year) and it was never used. Still has the tags! I'll gladly sell it at the same price they are asking and throw in free USPS Priority shipping Size 46 regular.