The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyinBey++ View Post
    Funny how the depression went away at the same time my job did
    Ain't that the truth!!! I think being a retired lottery winner would really help de-stress my life, personally...
    I'm not really at the top of my game today. I'm not even exactly sure what game I'm supposed to be playing, in fact... or where it's being held...

My horse's antics iamboyfriend.com

my job produces ALOT of major anxiety. It's a very stressful job, plus we are grossly understaffed, and the director could care less. We are expected to meet tough deadlines, and it's impossible at this point. I have less than 3 years to get to early retirement, so I cannot really afford to quit. Right now, there are only 2 of us doing a job that should be manned by at least 4 people. It's a government job, and I can't really skip out on the almost 18 years I have invested in government work. My retirement depends on it! Any advice? It is really starting to affect other aspects of my life. I am looking for another job with the government, but they are not too easy to come by.....

Wow, I never knew I had so many anxiety twins! heart palps, panic attacks, the works...uggh.

K, Ive done most of the meds, zoloft, prozac etc...they made me gain a huge amount of weight... . But then this last year I had a panic attack that landed me in the ER...so I ended up going to a psychatrist...he put me on wellbutrin and zanax(as needed)...I have NEVER felt better..Ive lost 30 lbs, my general 'daily' anxiety is pretty much controlled. I take zanax when I need it, and I dont feel bad about iit!! I think anxiety can become a vicious cycle...now that Im generally under control...I realize that I need to stop it before it builds and becomes the cycle. So the wellbutrin keeps me pretty much ok...and when something out of the ordinary happens such as I need a surgery or money issues or whatever...and I feel it starting to build I will pop a zannie and for some reason it 'resets' me. The wellbutrin and zanax have been a Godsend for me personally. Also, getting a psychatrist ad not a general dr.
    If you have a friend nearby to 'literally' take you to the DR...someone who could take the control of getting you to go, well that would be awesome. Personally taking the 1st step is almost mpossible...so circumventing that and having someone else do it for you would be easiest.
    I wish you well...and keep trying until you find what helps you. Even if you have to tell your psy. that you have trouble getting out of the house and need to arrange to speak with him via phone... keep trying, its worth it! Life is meant to be lived...i know easier said than done...but still...
    giant cyber huggs!

Default UPDATE!

I've been taking Celexa for the past few months. Not only is the general anxiety gone, but I've actually gotten brave! I can go grocery shopping any time of day I want. I can make phone calls like a normal person. I have energy. I've lost 16 lbs! 15 more lbs and I should be able to wear my tall boots again

Best of all?

I'm making serious plans to ride again and possibly (will depend on Bailey's brains or lack thereof)...foxhunt!!

I gave my 30-day notice at the beginning of the month. Not only did my BO not freak out, but she asked if I needed them to help move me. Ironically, at about the same time, my BO was also given notice by her landlord. She's trying to find property big enough to take all her boarders with her. I'm sad to leave her, but I'm going to be boarding with a fellow COTHer, with other COTHers in the neighborhood

The downside is that they'll be 80 minutes away from me. One way. With current gas prices ($25/per trip) and the infinite wisdom of the elected SOBs who have decided to cut my salary in FY13, even with cutting off my cable TV, I won't be able to afford to go out more than once a week.

The upside is that they'll have stalls and be handled on a daily basis, which will make it SO much easier when I do get out to ride/drive.

I really feel GOOD! Happy pills RULE
    Last edited by HighFlyinBey++; Mar. 17, 2012 at 03:53 PM. Reason: formatting
    I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
    Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it. Break the cycle.

Wow, HFB, that is a GREAT update And if I haven't said so, I am TOTALLY jealous of your new boarding situation! I didn't realize it was so far from you though. That part does kinda suck. But riding again, and in that company, unbeatable! I'm glad you got the anxiety under control too. That is killer when you feel so helpless to stop it.

This last round of face chemo really brought out the anxiety for me too. It's been around but nothing like this. The heme/onc doc took pity on me and gave me xanax as needed. The zoloft does marvelous things and the xanax is the boost I needed for when the spins start. Congrats on the weight loss too!

Thanks, Traum! I didn't realize it was that far, either, but given that I haven't been going out regularly when they're 20 minutes away, I figured I didn't have much to lose. Claude DamnVan needs a good run to keep his gas mileage properly functioning anyway. He doesn't do well in city driving.

I'm so glad your hemo/onc recognized you needed a helping hand and gave you the script. You're doing well now? When do you go back to work?

Anxiety really is an awful weight to be carrying around. The worst part is that it's so insidious that you don't even realize what's going on most of the time. Breaking that pattern is so liberating.

I go back to work Monday. I'm ready. I'm also going to all night shift, which I actually really love. I've been on evening shift and that does NOTHING for my personal body rhythms At All. There were things I really loved about working evenings and I had a wonderful crew to work with. But nights are better for me and a whole different set of challenges with the work. So that will all be good. I think just being out of my house and on a good schedule will do a lot for the anxiety issue.

Hey as a total aside, have any of your doc's checked your Vit D level? This is a new one for me. We run it on most of the old folks and they are usually low. I was so low it was unreadable, just said 'insufficient' on the labs So I'm on 50,000 units Vit D twice a week. The cool thing is how much this has to do with energy level and things I blamed on my wacky thyroid. Well that's been stable lately but I'm still wacked. I don't think it's a placebo effect but after a week of the new superD, I do feel better. Maybe something to look into

Yay for back to work on a good schedule for you!

My doctor tested my D levels and found I was low, too. She says everyone is low now because we cover up with clothes or sunscreen. Even those who are outside all day get so tan that they can't make their own D.

Ever since I started my D supplements, I've been a LOT more clear-headed. Add in some Bs and I'm more energetic, too