The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dubarry Knock Offs?

Anyone tried these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/150670332907...23.l2649#payId

I fell in love with the Dubarry's but the price makes me go ! So I saw these on Ebay and am thinking about them. The quality in the pic and the reviews look a little better than the other knock offs I've seen, so wondering if the extra cost for shipping from GB would be worth it.
    Lowly Farm Hand with Delusions of Barn Biddieom.
    Witherun Farm
    http://witherun-farm.blogspot.com/

Did you read the fine print that says that you can only exchange them if you live in the European Union?

Also, there seems to be only one pair in one size.....

Way too risky as far as I'm concerned.
    Siegi Belz
    www.stalleuropa.com
    2007 KWPN-NA Breeder of the Year
    Dutch Warmbloods Made in the U. S. A.

I think my friend just bought this brand from Tack of the Day for under $200. They shipped from somewhere in the US. They are good quality, but I wouldn't buy them off of Ebay in case you do need to return them. I have the Dublin River boots, another DuBarry knockoff, and they are great...no complaints at all, waterproof, clean up with a hose, and they feel like bedroom slippers.
    http://www.hunterjumperconnection.com/hjc-blog.html

A blog featuring the musings of a semi-neurotic adult amateur rider on riding, training, showing, life.

Quote Originally Posted by airineek View Post
    ...I have the Dublin River boots, another DuBarry knockoff, and they are great...no complaints at all, waterproof, clean up with a hose, and they feel like bedroom slippers.
    I have the Dublin River Boots too and love them. Got them on eBay last winter for $128 ($118 + $10 shipping).
    Equus Keepus Brokus

I have the dublins too. Love them! all waterproof and people comment on them all the time.

I got my Dublin's on TOTD for under $100! I wore them to our barn last night...10 inches of rain this weekend meant having to walk through water in areas that was calf high in some areas. I was nervous stepping into the water in my brand new Dublin's, but I took a breath and stepped in....and my feet stayed dry! The boots kept the water out and still look great! I wore them to dinner this weekend too, with all the rain! The looked great with my jeans!
    Lori T
    www.calypsofarmeventers.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/LTEquine for product updates on the lines I rep

up the hill from the little river (that floods alarmingly often)

Those look a lot like my Kanyons. If they are Kanyons, I think you'll be happy with them. I got mine off of TOTD about a month ago and have been very pleased with them so far. The leather and workmanship is high-quality and they've been waterproof so far, but I've not yet had the chance to really test them out.

Hope that helps.
    Full-time bargain hunter.

I'm getting a pair of K*ty Lake Country boots from Equestrian Clearance in a couple of weeks as a perk of being a blogger. I—or rather, my mule—will review them at www.BraysOfOurLives.com. I'll update you once they've arrived!
    My ears hear a symphony of two mules, trains, and rain. The best is always yet to come, that's what they explained to me. —Bob Dylan

Fenway Bartholomule ♥ Arrietty G. Teaspoon Brays Of Our Lives

No help but just must say I love my dubarry boater shoes, they are orange and I love them. So comfortable and durable and soft like butter. Ahh sometimes it's all I can do not to buy another pair in plain brown leather.
    [i]Only great sorrow or great joy can reveal your truth.~ Kahlil Gibran
    My current project of local food/sustainability http://community.fingerlakesfoodie.com

I second the Dublin version of the knockoffs. I like just about all of Dublin's boots. Spread around all of my friends we have the River boots, the Pinnacle boots, Aristocrat zip field and dress boots and an assortment of paddock boots. We beat the heck out of all of them hunting, trail riding, endurance rides and showing and they all survive us. If they can survive us, they can survive most anything.

Thanks to COTH recommendations, I ordered the Dublins. Got them from Valley Vet for $159.16 and free shipping!
    Lowly Farm Hand with Delusions of Barn Biddieom.
    Witherun Farm
    http://witherun-farm.blogspot.com/

I LOVE my Dublin River Boots. Used them all winter last year to take the dog out along with wearing into work. Held up fabulously.
    Proud owner of Gus & Gringo.
    See G2's blog
    Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Trevelyan96 View Post
    Thanks to COTH recommendations, I ordered the Dublins. Got them from Valley Vet for $159.16 and free shipping!
    I just ordered a pair as well, but went with Smart Pack & they matched the price. I luffs me some Smartpack!!

A knock off is still a knock off. I have always lived by the mantra; Buy cheap and pay twice

Some knock-offs are actually worth the money; sometimes the markup is simply for the cachet of the brand name.

Quote Originally Posted by didgery View Post
    I'm getting a pair of K*ty Lake Country boots from Equestrian Clearance in a couple of weeks as a perk of being a blogger. I—or rather, my mule—will review them at www.BraysOfOurLives.com. I'll update you once they've arrived!
    Me too, actually I just got them on Friday and will be reviewing them this week. So far I LOVE them and have had endless compliments!! Comfy, warm, and very stylish. Major win.

Bumping because the Kanyon boots are back on TOTD today. They have wide-calf sizes as well.

OLR--How did yours fit in the foot? I'm normally an 8.5 in dress shoes or sandals, but a 9 in things I wear with a sock. I'm worried a 9.5 will be huge, but I won't be able to get a sock in the 8.5.
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

I got the 7.5s (American sizing) and would say they are true to size/perhaps slightly big, but only very slightly. One thing I did notice was that the ankles, even on the wide-calf boot, are a bit narrow, and you may have to struggle a bit to get your foot through. I don't think they're ridiculously narrow, but they're not roomy.

I did some poking around on other forums regarding these boots and apparently the narrower ankle has been an issue for other people too.

And as a general head's up for anyone else looking at these boots: the size chart on TOTD's site is in UK sizing, so you will need to convert your US size to the appropriate UK size to determine the corresponding calf widths and height for the boots.