The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

Default spinoff from worst remakes -- worst sequel

Last weekend I rented 2 sequels. The first was the latest X-Men. It was entertaining. I'm glad I rented it first because the 2nd was the latest Transformers. What a god-awful movie that was. I can't even compliment the special effects because the horrible acting/editing/plot was so bad that it detracted. It did have my beloved Alan Tudyk in it but htat was really the ONLY bright spot. You know it's bad when you start wondering if Megan Fox is the smart one and got herself fired from the project so she didn't have to be associated with it.

Sequels are tough but seem to be the norm for any movie that does decent anymore. More often than not, they're duds. So as a spinoff to "what's the worst movie remake" thread.... what's the worst movie sequel?
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

I thought Romancing the Stone was a really fun, charming movie. The sequel, not so much.

More recently, I thought the Sex and the City sequel was a huge disappointment. It was hard to believe it was even made by the same people who made the tv show and the first movie.

The Gods Must Be Crazy II. Worst Movie Ever. One of the main plots was a badger attacking the main character's shoe as he walked across the desert. The other was a woman whose clothes kept falling off for no apparent reason. These were the cinematic highlights. Awful.

Agree - Sex and the City sequel was a HUGE let down. I remember thinking "really? they are going there?" throughout the whole thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Sithly View Post
    do NOT give your 5 year old child a big bag of apples and send her out alone into a herd of 20-some horses to get mobbed. There are better ways to dispose of unwanted children.

Phantom Menace. Yea gods, what a train wreck of a movie.

I usually watch the movies in 4,5,6, 1,2,3 order. I decided (because my children simply cannot understand why on earth anyone would watch the movies in that order ) this weekend to start the series at 1,2,3.

What a mistake. PM is terrible.

My husband rented the latest Transformers for us all to watch this weekend. Lots of special effects, but no plot. I played on my iPhone for about the first half of the movie, and then got up and folded laundry. Laundry was more entertaining than the movie.

I also saw the trailer for the new "Three Muskateers" coming out later this month. What the fruitbat was that?! Alexandre Dumas has to be doing about 8000 RPM in his grave. Not that previous Muskateer movies have been stellar, but the tricked out Crouching Tiger meets Matrix meets D'Artagnan looked like total crap.
    Jer 29: 11-13

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie4Bar View Post
    My husband rented the latest Transformers for us all to watch this weekend. Lots of special effects, but no plot. I played on my iPhone for about the first half of the movie, and then got up and folded laundry. Laundry was more entertaining than the movie.

I also saw the trailer for the new "Three Muskateers" coming out later this month. What the fruitbat was that?! Alexandre Dumas has to be doing about 8000 RPM in his grave. Not that previous Muskateer movies have been stellar, but the tricked out Crouching Tiger meets Matrix meets D'Artagnan looked like total crap.
    That is hilarious!
    I LOVE my Chickens!